Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

SOL

CE
Super Contributor
Going all over the place, even the bid and ask on the price steamer is hectic !
0 Kudos
19 REPLIES 19
john_1
Super Contributor
It was suspended for trading outside of its volitlity range back in play some idiot placed a @market order and the market pulled the plug.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
sol just doing a very normal pullback to the 8day ema...
0 Kudos
Not applicable
This shows that the trading platform cant handle this type of volume with all the stop losses kicking in.
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
No there was a trade down to 238 well below the alloud volitlity band of the JSE so they suspend trade to stop, stop loss triggers. now has returned to normal
0 Kudos
Brazen
Super Contributor
Just got back from a nice, leisurely breakfast at the East Head Cafe. Thank God I was out, I woulda had a heart attack. WTF happened??
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
The trading desk thinks some prat put in a trade @market and FU## up the system the JSE then suspended it from trade, it is now back to normal, that means the dog is being a dog. I envy your breakfast spot though
0 Kudos
Brazen
Super Contributor
0 Kudos
Not applicable
I'll be back soon - I just have to pop out to get some more Imodiums...
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
Nah! ( Zarp now entering my body for a very conspirist theory )... I think it was more dogy, It now clears the way for a big drop without suspention if the windfall tax is seen as bad this afternoon, I would hold this one with caution.
0 Kudos
Brazen
Super Contributor
Yip, that occurred to me too. F-all support on the way down. I've only got two contracts so I'm thinking of just seeing it out. Could lose 4 or 5K.
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
Yeah! or if it is good news you will have made 5k before you can say Bob's your uncle.
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
See you this afternoon I have to go do some "real" work.
0 Kudos
Nick_1
Frequent Contributor
Either way this pm is gonna be an eventful one! B it calls for more than cheese curls! I think any pfizer product could do the trick i.e. have some upward momentum....
0 Kudos
Not applicable
is this a good time to sell when evrybody is buying
0 Kudos
Nick_1
Frequent Contributor
Theres always someone buying! (Hey Taurus, no sn@tty remarks this time ok!)
0 Kudos
Nick_1
Frequent Contributor
Its just dawned on me that Manual would have learned from last year's share knee jerk reaction that he should perhaps approach this subject with some caution. He may just deliver a neutral to even positive story this pm....
0 Kudos
Not applicable
are you sure its manuel who needed to learn this lesson...
0 Kudos
Nick_1
Frequent Contributor
Watching SOL today has been amazing. Just to see how irrational investors can be! You would have thought any bad news regarding the tax have been priced in with a pe of 8? Regardless of what manual says today created a good opportunity, methinks to get into SOL. Now lets look at what the future increases in their volumes will bring...
0 Kudos
Nick_1
Frequent Contributor
Oh sorry make that ONE PERCENT UP!!!! Man, if I can just get rid of this headache Ive got! (Good thing I did not put stoplosses in place!)
0 Kudos