Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

SOL

Not applicable
ermm . . .
0 Kudos
10 REPLIES 10
JohnnyCash
Super Contributor
See sens... O&S story
0 Kudos
Not applicable
now Hoo Sez technicals can't "predict" fundamentals huh?
0 Kudos
mib
Contributor
with oil at $67 ,Rand at 7.26 , Iran etc does O&S have such a big negative inpact on Sol?
0 Kudos
DCTrader
Super Contributor
True... you could havee spent 5 hours yesterday doing TA on SOL... but you wouldn't have thought of that!
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
5 hours, nah mon 2 minutes. red wine to drink an all ...
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
Ex div R3.20
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
A quote for AvS - he was the first to comment after the Sol sens. This is from your dear friend Chartist. "History is replete with great events that result from a concatenation of seemingly unrelated incidents whose relationship is often only discernible in hindsight, that in itself is not fascinating or remarkable. What is fascinating is that the first to comment after the fact are those who had the least foresight."
0 Kudos
Not applicable
yeah jon. I'm not quite sure what is implied by all that. Suffice it to say I got a few contracts at 215 and I got rid of them all at 240+ a few days later.
And what Simon says is so true. You do your best TA with a glass of red wine. I find the more you've had the faster you can do your TA. It's amazing what cool patterns you can see after you've had a few . . .
0 Kudos
kr_pto
Super Contributor
to me the key here is that we make our decisions based on what we see, but there is always a chance we are wrong (since we are dealing with probabilities not guarantees). so always have to take ownership of the risk inherint in ever trade, and be prepared to take responsibility/ownership if the trend goes against us. in a case like SOL, maybe too many folks not prepared to take money off the table when they reached their targets, hoping for even more? will be interesting to see where SOL goes from here...
0 Kudos
Mic
Super Contributor
me thinks sideways for a few days, maybe a small pull back and then back up. Still in good money with stop set @ 29 on solsbh will wait for it to do its thing..omo
0 Kudos