Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

SOUND ADVICE PLEASE

Not applicable
Could a successful trader please advise me on a regular basis how to get a return of R30,000 per month on SSF with R500,000 available to trade with.
0 Kudos
75 REPLIES 75
Vano
Regular Contributor
Tasja, I am not a successfull trader, so I cannot advise you on how to make money. I can, however, advise you to beware free advice. If it was so easy to get good, free advice, I, and everyone else on this forum, would probably have retired, stinking rich, long ago. OMO
0 Kudos
asylum
Super Contributor
first learn how to read charts and chart patterns, then trade ssf in very liquid shares, stick to stop losses but still no gurantee you gonna make your quota.omo
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Yes...in this market the only thing you can rely on is volatility and therefore you need to day trade....with 500K you can afford to trade with at least 2 or 3 contracts at time scaling up to 5 as you get the hang of it. For an 30 K income you need to catch around 50 pts in the right direction every day.....very very doable.....most you will be exposed to is 2-3 % of your capital amount at any one point even with a very generous stop loss of 50-100 pts....
0 Kudos
Galuc
Super Contributor
Find me a trader who will guarantee me that sort of return and he can trade my money anyday! I am impressed that those sort of returns don't phase you chartist
0 Kudos
platsak
Super Contributor
Be very careful of SSf with all this volatility in the market. Having targets is nice. First rule however is to protect your capital.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Thank you for the replies. Now who can I follow on a daily basis to get this return...??? Or who will give me SOUND ADVICE if a good opportunity comes up?
0 Kudos
DST
Super Contributor
Tasja, many a fortune has been shrunk on fast advisers and slow race horses. Until you understand, properly, the nature and dynamics of the bets you are discussing, you are probably going to see rapid one-way traffic out of your account.

Why not nurture your nestegg, and ask Brazen for a listing under the fully-funded section of her online Russian brides catalogue? I am sure you would have a monopoly in that section, even after budgeting for some airbrushing if needed.
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
This goal can be achieved however it can only be met by knowledgeable, competent, consistent traders. The question is, are you any or all of the above? If not, start by becoming these things. It takes time, patience, perseverance, passion, resilience and disappointment. It also usually takes 2 portfolios so split your cash into 2 now and leave the second well alone. If you are not interested in becoming these things, then pay somebody who is. Or change your goal!
0 Kudos
Not applicable
And always remember, it takes more than just a good sub to get great sound.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
0 Kudos
SKALA
Super Contributor
Haai Super, this sounds very much toned down?
0 Kudos
Not applicable
OK, OK
The human hearing range is from 20 Hz to 20,000 Hz. "So what does that mean?" Well, 1 Hz is one cycle per second. So, if a speaker could produce a 1 Hz signal you would see the cone move out, back to the rest position, continue to move back (negative direction) and once again move forward to the rest position -all in one second. This motion of moving; first to a maximum position in one direction, then, back through the rest position to a maximum in the opposite direction and once again forward to the rest position, mirrors the action of a sine wave. Musical notes are made up from sine waves which are pure tones. When these pure sine waves are mixed with other sine waves of different frequencies and amplitudes various musical sounds are created. This is how a synthesizer keyboard can closely approximate the sound of a piano or violin. Any complex wave form can be made up from pure sine waves through this combination process. For example, a square wave can be made from a fundamental frequency sine wave and a number of subsequent harmonic sine waves each with a decreasing amplitude and increasing frequency. Note: you would likely never want to listen to a square wave, it's just for demonstration purposes. The higher the number of harmonic sine waves used the closer the final wave form will look like a square wave. This series of waves is called a Fourier series. O.K enough of the technotalk!! You are probably asking yourself ; " What does all this have to do with speakers?" The answer?' A speaker is a transducer. "O.K, so what's a transducer?" Transducers convert one form of energy to another. In this case the transducer (speaker) converts electrical energy to mechanical energy. It's the job of the speaker (transducer) to vibrate the air and recreate the musical signal you are listening to. The musical signal is made up from all those sine waves of different amplitudes and frequencies mentioned earlier. Sounds easy enough right? The problem is not all speakers can do this over the entire range of 20 Hz to 20 KHz very well. Lower frequencies need bigger surface area speakers and higher frequencies need smaller ones. It's for that reason most house speakers are constructed as; two way (tweeter and woofer) and three way (tweeter, mid range and woofer). The same applies to the automotive world. So why can't a SINGLE speaker perform over the entire range??? Speakers do exist that try to perform this task but they fall very short on performance. Known as "full range" speakers they are often found in very inexpensive systems. If you have ever heard the sound from these "things" you would know what I mean! The bass is really more of a mid range and distorted and the treble is very screechy. That's because the speaker is trying to vibrate slowly to reproduce bass and also try to move fast to reproduce treble and it can't do both WELL at the same time. The solution is to divide the entire audible bandwidth up into smaller bands so that speakers of different sizes can perform better i.e bigger speakers produce the lower frequencies and smaller speakers reproduce the higher ones. The traditional cone type speakers are constructed the same, independent of their size. A woofer is big, has a large magnet and a heavy cone so that it can vibrate large amounts of air at relatively low frequencies. A tweeter, on the other hand, needs to move very fast to vibrate at 20K Hz therefore the cone is very light and small and the magnet size required is much smaller.
0 Kudos
doomsdayza
Super Contributor
I've been following the forum since April and I've seen you post this twice now :) Haha.
0 Kudos
Vano
Regular Contributor
As I said, beware free advice, even if it is exellent sound advice as posted by Super.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
And less relevant, now?
0 Kudos
Not applicable
I always feel kind of woozy with glee when I see the title "Sound advice please", there's realy no need for me to read further.
0 Kudos
Blik
Super Contributor
Great post Super - seriously does anyone know any commercial trader / broker / shark who will take your cash for a GUARANTEED return? I cant imagine there are many (any?).
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
I will, promise to pay out 30000 for a minimum of 16 months with a starting capital base of 500 000 after that I cant promise anything more. I keep anything over and above the 30000.
0 Kudos
schizo
Frequent Contributor
do you get the 500k back after the 16 months
0 Kudos