Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

SOUND ADVICE PLEASE

DST
Super Contributor
Hey SI, you must be fully into the sound stuff. I kept your last write up on all these speaker thangs, and you have got it as good as word-for-word so many weeks later! Un canny.
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
OK I promise to pay out for 9 months and a maximum loss of 250 000
0 Kudos
striker
Super Contributor
John - okay, but can you throw in a fully paid trip to Mauritius for two??
0 Kudos
Blik
Super Contributor
I reckon I would be very happy with the following deal. 250K starter, with 12-15k a month for two years, after which I get the 250K back. Anyone could keep whatever they make on top of that. That sounds sweet to me - paid to do nothing....cant imagine anyone would want to take the risk though.
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
Blik.. jokes aside the best you could hope for is limited down side. So maximum loss is 150 000 you get 10 000 a month paid from profits or from capital. If the trader makes a profit in excess of 10 000 he gets the excess as payment and your capital remains untouched, prehaps the trader takes 50% of the execess so that the capital grows. at the end of 2 years you get back your capital plus the income you recieved.
0 Kudos
saash
Super Contributor
John, are you offering services to grow capital by 5% per month, and a guarantee that the capital remains in tact - for the opportunity to keep the over-spills?
0 Kudos
saash
Super Contributor
tasja. I'm surprised noone has yet asked you what you know about shares, and trading. So please at least tell us that much. Presuming the answer to both those 2 questions is "very little" I'm taking the liberty of advising you to decide how much of the 500k you're prepared to throw down the loo for what they call "school fees". Put your loo loot into your SSF account, and start playing, resting in the knowledge that you already are at peace with the idea that you'll be loosing that. When you've lost that, then decide how much you'd like to put in again to start taking yourself seriously, when you've doubled that portion, then you take the rest of your capital, trade, and give up your day job. Sometimes the forum can be really useful. Like, I've made about 80% so far on John's Mondi tip-off (thanks John) - but getting it right doesn't happen every time, and some of the good guys on the forum like to lead you down the path from time to time. Follow the forum at your peril.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
John...desperate for capital after an account blow up?
0 Kudos
Not applicable
buy the book van k tharp "trade your way to financial freedom", I just read it and learned a lot.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Saash, I do not know as much as I should regarding shares etc but I am also not a beginner, I have been playing around on SSF for about 2 years now and yes I have also "PAID THE SCHOOL FEES". Please give me more details regarding the info you get from "john"
0 Kudos
Not applicable
JOHN you have my attention, please continue
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
So lets follow my first piece of advice and split the portfolio up into 2 halves now basd on 250 000 how much do you want to earn and how much are you prepared to donate to the market.( lost is such a vulgar word) in a worst case situation.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Right, if I split the amount in half then I would split the income per month by half i.e. R15,000. But with the split I believe R30,000 is not unrealistic. With regards to "DONATOINS" - I am not going to donate anymore, I have donated more than my stomach can stand. Let's continue...
0 Kudos
JohnnyCash
Super Contributor
Just wondering who is leading who down the path here.....
Sounds just too much like the lady at the end of the bar that engrosses you the whole evening and you start to think there may be something on here, only for her to suddenly stand up and say good night, with a grin on her face.
No thanks, think your request is not appropriate.....
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Like I said right at the beginning "SOUND ADVICE PLEASE" I am not interested in good nights and grins... Just somebody with a bit of good advice...
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Ahhh! A derivatives harlot
0 Kudos
striker
Super Contributor
John - over to you - we're all ears .
0 Kudos
Not applicable
I'm not a *****ing ear. I'm a lert
0 Kudos
JohnnyCash
Super Contributor
You are not asking for "SOUND ADVICE", what you are asking for is a free ride on the back of someone elses effort.
0 Kudos
Vano
Regular Contributor
Tasja, I have the same opinion as JCash. You are much more knowlegeable than you pretend to be. omo
0 Kudos