Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

SOUND ADVICE PLEASE

Not applicable
a free ride reminds me of an email joke: Today's survival tip: Next time you are too drunk to drive, Walk to the nearest Debonairs, Place an order, And when they go to deliver it, Catch a ride home with them. Update to today's survival tip: When catching a lift with the delivery guy give him the long directions home - after 45mins you will get the pizza and the lift for free
0 Kudos
JohnnyCash
Super Contributor
lol, heard that one before!!
Or in this case just walking up to the delivery guy and asking him to drop you off at your house, not even bothering to order pizza or to pay him! (I mean he's got a car and is driving around so he might as well drive you around, tsk tsk!!)
0 Kudos
Not applicable
I am more than prepared to pay someone for advice or for someone to share whatever spoils (second point the one I would prefer) I am not looking for a free ride at all. If there is somebody out there with SOUND ADVICE I am more than willing to share whatever profit is made. Sad that people always have to look at the negative...
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Eventually you will find someone you trust, when you do...get another 10 mates each investing a equal amount and give them 10 equal shares in a newly formed company (the trader must also invest so his nuts are on the line as well). Open an OST acc in company name and let the nominated trader make u rich or wipe u out. The 1st time total funds are doubled, trader gets 10%, 2nd time 25% and 3rd and subsequent times 50%...sounds high but remember this guy should be at it 24/7 and after every dividend you start with initial capital. Also people investing should only invest money they can kiss goodbye, otherwise u are asking 4 trouble. You will find after first dividend trading will get much easier as no pressure. If you are lucky enough to find all of the above...returns in excess of 1000% per anum (yes thousand) are very very attainable.
0 Kudos
sk_1
Super Contributor
A fool and her money are soon parted. Why not adopt me as your sugar daddy and spoil me rotten for a year. I swear I will not blow more of your money than 500K but I will give you the year of your life!
0 Kudos
Russ
Super Contributor
Thanks,but I would rather not get my returns per anum if it's all the same to you.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
errrrrr.....okay Russ....
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
If you are serrious about taking this idea forward email me at [email protected]
0 Kudos
saash
Super Contributor
Ahh, John to the rescue.
0 Kudos
JohnnyCash
Super Contributor
Yet, all your previous posts are completely silent about sharing spoils etc. All I see is "who can I follow", "who will give me" ....
dont come with hindsight and try and change your true intentions, if you were looking to pay someone, your very first post would have said so. No, you wanted the freebie, but I bet you're also the one that would take 100% of the bragging rights the moment your stash doubles...
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
80% on Mondi huh! should I send you my bank details so you can pay my comm's
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
wow that is quite some demand!
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Jo Jo ppl.....do not even entertain the idea of ever giving your money to anyone to invest unless they are certified to "invest" your money....the question you gotta ask first of course is why would someone want to use someone else's money to make money...what happened to theirs?
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
Chartist my maximum drawdown is R13 000 below my starting capital in over a year of alsi trading. I am here to make money and if I can do what I do with 10 contracts vs 1 contract without increasing my downside I am willing to help others who otherwise would lose everything trying.
0 Kudos
saash
Super Contributor
Why. Didn't you take your own thoughts seriously?
0 Kudos
Not applicable
I'm finding this really amusing... Last week some guy asked (with Caps Lock on) for advice on how to double his money. The forum flooded him with snide comments. This week a lady asked for help to acheive essentially the same return. The responses range from affirmations that such returns are possible to lame attempts at sexist humour to attempts by traders to get their hands on the person's money to replace that which they have lost. Couldn't we have a FAQ section under the help, with one of the questions: "How can I double my money in one year without risk?" and then politically correct answers such as "Do your own research", "Don't trust analysts (or anyone else)", "If it was possible, everyone else would be doing it", etc? Then if anyone asks for advice, we could just point them to the FAQ? Nah... that would spoil the fun... and eliminate traders' chances of filling their pot with someone else's money...
0 Kudos
schizo
Frequent Contributor
then it would be boring,like it is now
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
The stratergy I use for shares is not based in value, I am thrilled you profited. I was just trying to judge the tone of your comment
0 Kudos
Not applicable
John....with all due respect...trading with 10 contracts is very different from trading with 1 contract...take that from someone who has...its not merely a matter of entering 1 instead of 1o in the order box...I know this may not seem like it but trust me on this one....
0 Kudos
Not applicable
remember the 10 k to 100 K experiment...well that was quite easy....was done in about 4 months or so....100K into 1 million is a different story...I will do the experiment one day...but I will make sure I dont make a fool of myself before I attempt this...
0 Kudos