Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

SOV NPL

Not applicable
Hi Simon, missed the SOVFOOD NPL takeup election. What exactly does this mean? Take up value at 4c. Need to know in case it comes up again. Thanks
0 Kudos
7 REPLIES 7
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
how do you mean you missed ?? if they still trading then call the call center and take up the rights .. or sell them ..
0 Kudos
Not applicable
The way I understand it one is able to take up 1 NPL for 1 share at R8.50 per share up until the 4th Dec after which time they would expire if one does not sell. The "election" was only for yesterday until 5pm at a take up value of 4c, so I'm confused what this actually means. Does this mean they have changed the R8.50 to 4c?
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
makes no sense .. check the sens or contact my call center ..
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Have read the sens again and still understand things as I have mapped out, so honestly, don't know what is going on. Perhaps someone who has SOV can enlighten me.
0 Kudos
topgun
Super Contributor
Rights offer of 51.5017 new shares for every 100 held @ a takeup price of 850cps. You can either exercise your rights indicated in your account to these shares, sell them in the market or let them lapse. Since the current market price of 820cps is below the rights offer price, the rights are trading at a nominal value. Should you decide to partake in the offer, you can rather buy them in the market at the lower price.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Thanks topgun. That is how I understand it all. Never have had a message before saying "URGENT! - There is a open election on a product in your Portfolio." Sure, I agree that if one wanted more SOV, rather than excercising the rights at 850, it would make sense to buy now at the going rate of 820. The NPL holding I have would be stupid to sell at 4c because the brokerage would be more than the amount I would get from the sale. So sadly, better to let them expire! So am afraid still don't understand the "election" at this stage with a take up value of 4c but then perhaps I'm just not getting it!?
0 Kudos
Not applicable
For anyone interested - after contacting OST they have acknowledged that they made a mistake and the 4c has now been changed to 850
0 Kudos