Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

SSF help

Not applicable
Morning all, I need some advise pls: I went short on Spar yesterday at 5240, i was hoping the price wld drop back under 5000 as that is where it has been comfortable for past couple of weeks...Should i stick it out until early next week or bail out now? Secondly, is this similar to what is known as a bull trap or bear trap? thanks!
0 Kudos
10 REPLIES 10
Not applicable
market will drop today all asian markets down and dow lost steam in the last hour and jump 200 points last ten mintes
0 Kudos
gleamin
Contributor
Momentum, I see that the DOW futures are up 372 points this morning. I see your point on the Asians being down...........just getting a bit difficult to read these days.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
euro dollar at 1.28, gold down, platinum down our market must go down today and so the dow
0 Kudos
gleamin
Contributor
Hope you right, took a thrashing yesterday. Short on SOL this morning, hoping to make back some of my losses. Trading like a typical bear and got punished for that.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
sasol went yesterday in a overbuy with plenty of momentum careful
0 Kudos
Not applicable
thanks....lets wait and see what happens today then....
0 Kudos
gleamin
Contributor
With oil in the red as well yesterday..........do you still think that theres a chance of a rise in SOL
0 Kudos
Not applicable
brent is 1 dollar up this morning your guess as good as mine sorry everything is showing for a rise in sasol price
0 Kudos
DST
Super Contributor
Gleamer ... look at the djia future again.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
OK, I am going to have a stab at doing some good old fashioned TA on shoprite. I think it is a bit cheeky for a share to be trading at all time highs in this kind of market. If it turns today, then we will have strong divergence on the price vs RSI. IMHO this would be a sell signal, especially in bear markets
0 Kudos