Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

SSF traders

SimonPB
Valued Contributor
reminder that today is day one of the new system .. HHP under special announcements for more info if unsure.
0 Kudos
38 REPLIES 38
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
and DO NOT use @market ..
0 Kudos
Not applicable
And no stoploss.?
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
0 Kudos
BoburUncle
Regular Contributor
Too risky now. Rather trade CFD
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Simon, I the explanation of no stoploss facility doesn't make sense. I thought SSF's were one of the few instruments where stoplosses were offered on movements of the underlying, and not to SSF. This makes the fact that the JSE doesn't offer details of the last 30 trades irrelevant surely?
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
we used to ahve a closed system .. now it is a central order book .. so the relationship between undelrtying and SSF is no longer always going to be linear ..
0 Kudos
sk_1
Super Contributor
I know someone who lost R100 000.00 this morning by placing an @market sell, but luckily had it reversed!
0 Kudos
Russ
Super Contributor
Why would it be reversed?
0 Kudos
richardw
Super Contributor
Does this apply to the index futures?
0 Kudos
swordfish
Frequent Contributor
Warrants looks a lot less complicated compare to SSF's now.
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
nothing changes with index futures ..
0 Kudos
manicks
Regular Contributor
Im confused with new ssf system. Cant see bid or offers. Is there any way of relating the ssf price to underlying so i can decide on trade.
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
if you can't see it is beccause there aren't any .. an tot he second part of the Q, no not diretly ..
0 Kudos
manicks
Regular Contributor
For Shf: The Bid/Offer is: 1 2 2536 2564 2 1. What does this represent. Is it the latest bids and orders. Where can you find the last ssf traded price?
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
that's your buyer and seller .. 2 contracts on each side .. last trade was 2563 ..
0 Kudos
manicks
Regular Contributor
Ok but on the ssf quote page the last traded price is static at 2563c? Where can i find the actual last traded ssf price?
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
that is all the JSE pushes out ..
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Odd! With OST there were always quite a few bids and offers. Now with the whole of the JSE which there are only 1 o 2 in each column. HOw do you explain that?
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
because we kept it all in house and only reported the trade to the JSE .. now it is a central order book ..
0 Kudos