Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

SSF traders

Not applicable
Does anyone know what the bid for OMLN MAR 11 is? I would like to sell my SSF but dont know what the price is?
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
1296 and 1285 .. don't understand how you can;t see the bid ..
0 Kudos
manicks
Regular Contributor
Hi ssf traders please help, im finding it very difficult to use this new central order system. Are there any other service providers i can use that offers standard banks old system of trading ssfs.
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
nah dude, point is that the JSE changed their system, hence we had to change ours to adapt to the new JSE system .. nobody did it like we used to, if anybody did, they'd have to have changed as well ..
0 Kudos
manicks
Regular Contributor
Thanks Simon but surely there must be a more transparent way. With new system can only see 1 or 2 offers and bids with low volumes. No live ssf trades. No real corellation betw ssf and underlying. Why do bids have so low volumes, are these bids only from the standard bank online users. Where can we access the actual bids and offers.
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
those are the actual and entire bids/offers .. tis the central order book ..
0 Kudos
manicks
Regular Contributor
So for example JGDN bid and offers: 1 2 5620 5695 2 1 If you have 5 contracts to sell, what price do you sell to because you cant see the bid below 5620.
0 Kudos
Levitt
Regular Contributor
The volume and spread will become better with time.. Perhaps stick to cfd's for time being..
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
put 5 to sell at 5620 .. the market maker will come back and trade you the balance after the initial 2 are gone ..
0 Kudos
manicks
Regular Contributor
Thanks Lev, is there a good primer you can suggest, havn't used cfd's before only familiar with ssfs.
0 Kudos
frankza
New Contributor
Does the new system mean that the SSF no longer shares the underlying instruments liquidity, unless somebody decides to be the market marker between the underlying share and the future.
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
0 Kudos
Levitt
Regular Contributor
cdf's are quite transparent, follows underlying exactly, you also receive div's if long and pay div's if short, no expiration, pay interest on total exposure..
0 Kudos
manicks
Regular Contributor
0 Kudos
manicks
Regular Contributor
Thanks Lev- is it safe? because it is a non listed instrument counterparty being SBSA whereas SSF is listed instrument with counterparty being SAFEX.
0 Kudos
Levitt
Regular Contributor
I'm comfortable with the risk.. Never had any issues thus far.
0 Kudos
manicks
Regular Contributor
0 Kudos
sponono
Super Contributor
i simply dont understand this new SSFs. i have decided to switch to CFDs instead.
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
folks if you want to convert CFD=>SSF or SSF=>CFD check the message on the home page ...
0 Kudos