Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

SSF trading

scandal
Super Contributor
STXQ Dec-07 is this the closest one can get to trading the volatility on the TOP40? If so how closely does this issue follow the price swings? Would it be profitable to try and do this? Opinions are appreciated.
0 Kudos
11 REPLIES 11
john_1
Super Contributor
I trade the top40 futures dirrectly via another trading platform. go to www.dwt.co.za. it is cheap R10 per contract traded, and there is high liquidity, stops are always hit as are profit targets. This comes with a serrious health warning and should not be done if you are risk adverse. I repeat high risk trading. ( but much less risk than trading waves)
0 Kudos
scandal
Super Contributor
thanks dude.
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
If you are going to trade the top40 this is the way to do it. waves close 45 minutes before the market does and opens 45 minutes late. there is no market maker openning the spread, and they dont vanish at critical moments, there are no barriers. the gearing is fixed at a managble level.... the list goes on and on.
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
John, small addition. You can loose more then you put on the table. ie: buy for R18k, loose loads more then R18k.
0 Kudos
scandal
Super Contributor
yes have been advised against trading waves and think that i will heed that advice. QUOTE "Do not....I repeat do not trade waves or top 40 warrants...they are badly managed instruments"
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
absolutly, read health warning.. however stops are hit due to the liquidity.
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
if you are worried about total wipe out you can trade the index via IG index with limited downside risk spread is wide but still cheaper than waves and you get to trade the full hours. also no barriers.
0 Kudos
scandal
Super Contributor
John/Chartist, thanks for the info on DWT. Decided to try DWT and in the process of opening account with them. They were very helpful over the phone and the software has been easy to use so far, I hope they are just as helpful later once the account is up and running. Ta!
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
0 Kudos
Q2W
Super Contributor
Hi John, need some help. Waves are just not the way to go anymore... No MM, barriers, ect. You mention dwt and igindex. How is it possible to lose more than you placed on dwt but not on igindex. Or am I misunderstanding something?
0 Kudos
Q2W
Super Contributor
Hi John, need some help. Waves are just not the way to go anymore... No MM, barriers, ect. You mention dwt and igindex. How is it possible to lose more than you placed on dwt but not on igindex. Or am I misunderstanding something?
0 Kudos