Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

SSFs and OFF MARKET

JohnnyCash
Super Contributor
Ive noticed that not all my actual SSF trades reflect on the transactions on streamer or OTS for that matter. Is Standard matching and settling these shares internally between their own clients first and only trade the shortfall/excess in actual market?
0 Kudos
7 REPLIES 7
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
it all goes through the market, all the time.
0 Kudos
JohnnyCash
Super Contributor
Mine didn't. Just bought SOL SSF @ 28380 and not reflected in Streamer or OTS?
0 Kudos
JohnnyCash
Super Contributor
They're there now!! What the time delay between transaction and Streamer updating? Didnt think it would be minutes?
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
JC, they absolutely did. You buy say 6 contracts and look to see exactly a trade of 600 shares. But it could be multiple trades. Thing is if we do not hedge then we take on board risk, and that's not what we do.
0 Kudos
cfm
Super Contributor
It appears to me that SFM buys more shares than the number required. Each time I have traded in SSFs, the transaction did appear in the list, but not in multiples of 100 shares. I think it was multiples of 104 (IIRC).
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
could be the devrivative desk slow to hedge, but that certainly shouldn't happen.
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
cfm, nah. We buy 100 shares per contract, always, every time. Understand we are selling risk, not taking risk. So we hedge 100%, no tricks, gimmicks or lollipops.
0 Kudos