Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

STD TA - wrong side of the pack

Beep_Beep
Super Contributor
Wave riding's been fun.......that is until this week.Went against my own trading ideas of not going into the wave from the front. Mixed up the fundamentals (strikes etc)with charts and came up a bit confused and then got some confirmation of my "scheme" from the STD TA for the day ..... and got dumped. Although can't blame anyone else but myself. But learnt a lesson --- don't try and go against the pack.
0 Kudos
17 REPLIES 17
CE
Super Contributor
How much influence came from Joker boy, aka acesomething, Beep ?
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Sh!t happens dude. Patience is the key.
0 Kudos
Beep_Beep
Super Contributor
No - I was already in Topdws by the time he voiced his opinion. But greed set in yesterday morning and instead of taking my 12%, I thought I would hold on for the down yesterday, but it did not come.
0 Kudos
Beep_Beep
Super Contributor
If I had listened to C-man. I "would have thrown everything at it". Like you say G.. ***** happens .. we live to trade another day.. hopefully though we learn as we go.
0 Kudos
Brazen
Super Contributor
Yip, you have to wonder. Last week, on the day they said the market would be 'choppy with a bullish bias' it gave up 500 points intraday. And yesterday, with the outlook 'bearish' the market flew. Maybe they're a good contrarian indicator.
0 Kudos
CE
Super Contributor
Zarpie my bra - "...that Fishy don't smell right, at the Mo". Maybe time to change the airfreshner bro ?
0 Kudos
Brazen
Super Contributor
And must say, Chartist has been spot on 90% of the time. Everyone was talking short yesterday, including SEQ, and he was talking long. And it's not the first time either.
0 Kudos
CE
Super Contributor
Indeed B. What's your take on the new old Poker boy R30 per month pocket money to R30k per day dreamer ? Guess "my people in Japan" turns out to be the neighbours boy and him having fun on the walkie talkie he got for Chrismas !
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Maybe he got mixed up with the shares and the horse races
0 Kudos
Brazen
Super Contributor
LOL CE! Well, he said his people in the east. Maybe he just meant east of Phalaborwa. And I'd have to look at a map to find what that is. Mocambique?
0 Kudos
Not applicable
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Beep-Beep.Are u doing the ALSI thing ? If u want ADRENALIN, thats the one. I opened 1 contract a week ago and made 33%. Not 1 loss!
0 Kudos
CE
Super Contributor
Bet you he is following the chat forum and are praying for TOPI to "fall" so he can crawl out his cave and make noices.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Brazen you are most generous...thank you...if only that were the case...
0 Kudos
Beep_Beep
Super Contributor
Sorry been away. G - Adrenalin quite enough where I am at now. No . I am going back to old way of trading and take 10% profits when they are there.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Beep beep ...much too little...that means with a stop of 20% you need to be right 75% of the time....just to break even...just not possible. You need at least 30% .....just let your winners run and cut your losses that way you dont even have to be right 50% of the time...
0 Kudos
Beep_Beep
Super Contributor
Agreed - maybe a bit cautious this morning - but have been taking nice 25% plus profits off Topdwm over the last weeks. I was out of Topdws when the "debate" was on, which confirmed my idea of going short again and thats what I did. rest is history. Moral of the story - read whatever you want but at the end of the day don't go against the FLOW. Shorting the bull market is not wise.
0 Kudos