Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

STX40, TOPI ?????

Not applicable
I am a bit confused about STX40 and Topi/TOP. Are they one and the same thing? When doing technical analysis for the top40 index (eg for Simons' Lazy trade system), what is the share code that I can use. Genuinely baffled - HELP!
0 Kudos
7 REPLIES 7
green_goblin
Contributor
i would use top40 chart, then use a top 40 index warrent but i am new to trading by the way please someone explain what Simon's lazy sytem is i would love to know than u
0 Kudos
green_goblin
Contributor
ie as i am new to trading dont take my word as gosple, by the way has standard bank ever thought of other index warrent like resource 15 or industril 15 thank u
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
indi/resi no place to hedge .. topi = top40 = stx40 .. latter is merely tradable ..
0 Kudos
Not applicable
I also noticed that on the STX40 page, there is nothing on warrants for this share (or index - in this case), how are the STX40 warrants found?
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
search for top warrants
0 Kudos
Not applicable
If you want to invest, use STX40 - it is a great instrument for passive investing. If you want to trade, stay well away from STX40 and any derivatives thereof. Its spread is large (up to 200 pts on th TOPI) which makes it almost impossible for reliable short term trading. Rather use TOPI warrants, or futures
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
satrix mm is usually at aroud an 11c spread these days .. that's 110 points .. and carries divs, which is of zero use to a trader ..
0 Kudos