Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

STXRes and futures - Perhaps Simon could help

PaulC
Super Contributor
Hi, I have traded STXRes futures before and they are no longer listed. Is this due to luquidity issues or what? Also I notice some futures you cant trade online only through the call centre. What is the reasoning behind this? Thanx guys - Paul C
0 Kudos
8 REPLIES 8
Not applicable
Yeah - no STX derivatives available???
0 Kudos
Amar
Contributor
Go to find or trade SSF page, click list all the stx SSF's are listed there, interesting shorts on banks are allowed now when did this happen??
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
stxres, tradable, code is strq (the stx futures ahve oddish codes). The call to trade is when we no longer offer that stck as a ssf, but some clients hold positions so they have to call to exit.
0 Kudos
dookie
Regular Contributor
Yay! Yes, it seems bank shorts are back. Does anyone see what looks to me like the potential beginning of a HUGE head & shoulders on the banking index (neckline June 06 - Jul 08). Same thing on Standard Bank. Don't want to be unpatriotic, but if Standard breaks below about 72.90 I think it's headed for 30.00! Could things get that bad?
0 Kudos
Theater_Cat
Super Contributor
Dr Clive Roffey is EXTREMELY bearish on Banks
0 Kudos
dookie
Regular Contributor
Ah.. See. Me thinks I'll keep an eye on this. Makes me think of the analyst who said finding the bottom in banks at the moment is like trying to catch a falling safe. LOL
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
roffey has been bearish on banks since 2001.
0 Kudos
DR_1
Super Contributor
over a long enough time frame no one can be wrong, as the markets will rise and fall. When it rises, some one will say, I told you so, when it falls the same will happen.
0 Kudos