Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Sacoil game over

SimonPB
Valued Contributor
or do they roll the dice again .. hmmm ...
0 Kudos
8 REPLIES 8
suki
Super Contributor
it will never come back. Remember Quuensgate?
0 Kudos
Castro1
Contributor
To many big investors that are still hanging in there...
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Now, that is one of the more comprehensive votes of no confidence you will see in a share. Shareholders voting no for the only option put on the table to keep the company as a going concern. Now, the directors are out, the loan has to be defaulted, and the company, in all likelihood, will fold - with 0 value to shareholders (not that there was any value to shareholders anyway).
0 Kudos
JulzM
Regular Contributor
Who keeps the assets ? The company that the loan is owed to ?
0 Kudos
THRESHOLD
Super Contributor
The liquidators, lawyers and auditors. Their secured fees should more than account for the remaining assets.
0 Kudos
Lee_1
Frequent Contributor
I've watched it through the years as I owned a few not worth selling. Directors find someone to invest, turn their investments into shares diluting any value, then go and look for new investors. I don't suppose those directors expected their free lunch to last even this long. But why did credible people get involved? Is there actually something behind all their press releases?
0 Kudos
Manzini
New Contributor
Some very prominent directors. Do they know something? When will trade be resumed?
0 Kudos
Manzini
New Contributor
Some very prominent directors. Do they know something? When will trade be resumed?
0 Kudos