Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Sad to say

SimonPB
Valued Contributor
your brain is the main reason you are not rich .. http://ow.ly/2Ieep
0 Kudos
8 REPLIES 8
stores
Super Contributor
Simon..My Dad (who is 84) and my wife who is half that age have both outperformed my portfolio over the last 5 or so years...I work hard on mine (at least 2 hours in the morning and 2 in the evening). They look at theirs about twice a month..Thanks..I am also going to get this read.
0 Kudos
geordie1
Super Contributor
Ye read it and tend to agree.Investing is counter intuitive and our brain gets in the way a lot of the time-you need luck and patience but it;s better than working for a living that is for sure
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
LOL.. you not rich because of your beliefs about money until you change that you will alwasy be wanting... Money is bad, rich people are chops, rich people dont go to heaven, you reap what you so, the only way to wealth is hard work and savings, if its easy it must be wrong , its too good to be true, I dont deserve it, I cant have if other go with out, its a zero sum game, for me to prosper some one else must lose. etc etc...recognise your self in any of these statments of belief??
0 Kudos
Vano
Regular Contributor
Those beliefs do get in the way when one tries to get rich. No doubt about that. They have to be disregarded if one wants to get rich. Having said that, In my opinion, most of the beliefs are based on fact, simple statements of truth. No prizes for guessing my net worth.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
interesting that this post is under Absa, because Absa is another reason that I am not rich (pesky bond repayment bills!!)
0 Kudos
Blik
Super Contributor
Alexander Green's - The Gone Fishin' Portfolio - has a similar viewpoint or stand, where less can in some cases translate into more.
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
The entire point of the market is that you put your money to work, using the best managment money can buy in companies with the best competitive advantage....its only us chops who mess with the compounding process.
0 Kudos
partridge
Super Contributor
Well, increase your repayments. If you are one of those who bought property as the new Wunder asset class and are wondering what to do then remember: if it seems to be a bad buy ask yourself: what is going to change to make it a good buy?- this is of course not repeat not advice
0 Kudos