Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Samsung

royandroy
Contributor
Any idea if Samsung is owned/controlled by a company listed in any way on the JSE? If so, which one? It would seem to be a winner judging by their products and market share of cell phones, tv's etc.
0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
it isn't
0 Kudos
Not applicable
open an online share trading in south korea. currecncy exposure as well. if you know what i mean?
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Simon, not sure we can answer so categorically. Maybe bee exposure? There has to be some company in SA that benefits? In terms of distribution at least- maybe a company like nuworld which is listed.
0 Kudos
royandroy
Contributor
Thanks guys - I wonder who does their distribution. Surely MTN, Vodacom, Game, Makro etc etc don't order from South Korea? And surely they will eventually want to get onto the JSE if they want to expand into Africa? Many years ago I worked for Sharp Electronics and the local company made a whack of money. Since overhauled by others .... I e-mailed the local guys but got no response. Pity... I would love to get part of their action.
0 Kudos
royandroy
Contributor
Thanks guys - I wonder who does their distribution. Surely MTN, Vodacom, Game, Makro etc etc don't order from South Korea? And surely they will eventually want to get onto the JSE if they want to expand into Africa? Many years ago I worked for Sharp Electronics and the local company made a whack of money. Since overhauled by others .... I e-mailed the local guys but got no response. Pity... I would love to get part of their action.
0 Kudos
Wino
Super Contributor
Samsung do own importing and distribution in SA as well as other parts of Africa so don't seem to partner with anyone locally. Only exposure one can get is via the retailers.
0 Kudos