Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Sappi

Not applicable
Is Sappi at the bottom of its cycle? It seems their management has started pulling the business up again. Any Comments?
0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
Brommie
Frequent Contributor
The future prospects for SAPPI are quite promising but if you look at the charts it still appears to trade downwards. I do not think that this is a poor 'investment' (long term) but then it will also not be amongst the best performers on the JSE for 2007 either. I am waiting for it to break resistance and are not going to tie up too much of my capital in this one.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Excuse my ignorance but, "breaking resistance" is quite a familiar term that i've heard. Im not too clued up on my technical analysis. Is this when it breaks through its MA's?
0 Kudos
Tango
Super Contributor
There is a good explanation of how support and resistance forms in the 'Help and Education' section of this site - look for the link on the left, then click on 'Technical Analysis'.
0 Kudos
cfm
Super Contributor
Sappi is back at its Feb level and is looking like it may bounce again from 9850. This would mean a double bottom. 9850 has acted as support in the past as well, so this may be an important level. The overall trend remains down, but a bounce of 62% of the previous downward move will see a 5% profit. Can make it 20-30% with a SSF.
0 Kudos