Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Sasol

Not applicable
Made a tripple bottom. If it breaks R300 and consolidates above, then we've got upside. MACD and RSI confirm. Fundamental outlook still looks a bit dark though.
0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
Werner_1
Super Contributor
I've been acquiring SOL shares for long term over the weeks...
0 Kudos
SIMBA
Super Contributor
Werner what is your reason for buying long term..{ 5 years } other than normal oil will decline, if you dont mind sharing your thoughts ..........
0 Kudos
Werner_1
Super Contributor
Some people say this is wrong, but firstly, i really like SASOL, we only use their fuel in our cars and boat (my car has never had any other make - ever). I have some shares for some time now, bought more to build portfolio, i believe earnings will consistently grow and dividends as well, for me its a very stable business with a product that is in demand and will most probably stay that way for the forsee-able future, alternative energy (electric cars, bio-diesel) are all possible, but the cheapest and easiest is still using coal or gas to produce standard fuel that power our conventional cars, just imagine having to change the entire country's cars to electric - not possible! And current price is very attractive for me. Oil price in my opinion is quite low now as well, and i dont know if it will stay that way once OPEC cuts production. just some thoughts i had. other calcualations i did was on earnings growth to see how long it will take to get my purchase price covered by NAV and earnings. I plan to hold for 5 years +. I don't have the details here with me though.
0 Kudos
SIMBA
Super Contributor
Thanks i feel better knowing i am not alone as i also went in heavy @R279.00..keep well...............
0 Kudos
Werner_1
Super Contributor
Simba, over long term we will all be happy with SASOL!
0 Kudos