Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Sasol

jakes007
Contributor
I am very new at trading shares, and would very much apreciate some advice on why Sasol isnt at the 24000 mark again?
0 Kudos
7 REPLIES 7
DR_1
Super Contributor
because it doesnt want to
0 Kudos
Not applicable
You see jakes - Its best to pretend to be an old hand, that way you dont get sarcasm like that. Basically the market runs on sentiment & that explains why there is such volatility currently - lack of trust & direction all over the globe. I suggest you spend a littl emoney & lots of time reading as many books as yo can get yr hands on - topics on Technical analysis & fundamental investing. Then play with a little paper portfolio, test yr strategy (define yr strategy before you start) understand the concept of a trailing stop loss etc etc. Then come back.....otherwise you will be just another one of those guys who started with no clear strategy & ended with no clear cash !!!
0 Kudos
Not applicable
That was some of the better advice I've seen on this forum...
0 Kudos
Not applicable
what i can add to the good advice, buy a TA programme study it, attend some of OST's courses on TA, it is free, but as long as the oil price is so low, SASOL will also stay so low
0 Kudos
Not applicable
On that point, what do you recon will happen to SASOL's profits at the current level of the oil price? Certainly the directors feel positive looking at director dealings...
0 Kudos
Not applicable
as a TA i do not care what happen to their profits or who his dealing in their shares if the sasol share in the furture tells me to buy i will buy if it tells me to sell i will sell
0 Kudos
SKALA
Super Contributor
DR ek vertrou jy voel nou 'n regte D---
0 Kudos