Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Sasol

Blik
Super Contributor
Anyone on the forum trading or investing in Sasol at all? Curious there is not much talk about it - unless my forum page skips it.
0 Kudos
14 REPLIES 14
BC02
Super Contributor
I try to keep to the rule of stay out of weak sectors, might be missing out but rules are rules.
0 Kudos
Blik
Super Contributor
Ja just curious - very little chat about it.
0 Kudos
Quakedog
Super Contributor
I am buying as much as possible like a hungry scavenger feeding everytime below R340
0 Kudos
BC02
Super Contributor
I guess it depends on your strategy, if your a value investor or a momentum trader. As an investor can fault buying now, but as a trader one would still stick to the financial and industrial sectors.
0 Kudos
Blik
Super Contributor
I would like to pick up below 340 as well.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
bearing in mind of course that a sinking tide drops all boats....I would seriously look at waiting before getting long of anything right now...esp something in the resources sector. I would wait till the market becomes oversold before going long of anything....although oversold and overbouht conditions should never be used as decison making tools as an entry in my opinion. What i am saying is that risk to the downside is elevated and that there will be a less risky time to buy.
0 Kudos
Blik
Super Contributor
Good points RC - I wont trade SOL - but my long term investment might look for some. Long term is 10 to 15 years plus at least. So time to wait a bit.
0 Kudos
BC02
Super Contributor
true, but somethings are inversely correlated and others not at all correlated to the market.
E.g. Markets down APN up, same with DSY. Havent quite figured out the balance with this yet as some days market movements have almost 0 effect on stronger shares.
Currently Im of the opinion if you see the structure on that share go for the play, but this might change with more experience.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
nothing is immune to a tide...except maybe DRD which sinks no matter what happens
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
0 Kudos
Blik
Super Contributor
I'll buy at 320
0 Kudos
NMJ
Not applicable
Looking seriously at sasol again bought at R338, so up 4% now to R353. The graph seems to be trending upwards, div normally declared around Sept. PE at around 7.5 ! div at about 4!. if oil price remains same around current mark and in long term I think this share is very good value even at R350? Also collect hopefully on good div in Sept. Thinking of buying on monday. Anyone agree with this assessment?
0 Kudos
prancing_horse
Super Contributor
With winter in the northern hemisphere just around the corner, I don't see much downside in the price of crude, besides, with the current drought in USA pushing maize to records high, there has to be less production of energy (ethanol) from this source.With an earnings yield of 12% and a D E of 4 at these levels beats money in the bank.Somehow I think those holding out for 320 could be in for a long wait.
0 Kudos
kicc
Frequent Contributor
I would rather buy SOLBE1 - this is currently trading at R255. It is the BEE share but the same rights as the SOL share (get same div etc) and in 2018 will convert to a normal SOL share. if you are a value investor - then why not tale up the R100 discount via the Bee share but get the same rights as a normal SOL share.
0 Kudos