Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Satrix Dividend Plus

Goldbull
Frequent Contributor
How do the esteemed members of the forum feel about this new ETF fund? Went to the presentation in Cape Town. Excellent turnout not a spare seat to be found. ETF's are extremely popular in the US and Europe. We still have to catch up here in SA. More ETF's are going to be launched over the next few months.
0 Kudos
8 REPLIES 8
Brazen
Super Contributor
No comment actually. Just felt I should reply in case not replying implied I wasn't esteemed.
0 Kudos
Goldbull
Frequent Contributor
I get the drift this new fund is not creating any excitement.
0 Kudos
Harathke
Regular Contributor
1. You get in without brokerage costs 2. You get a diversified porfolio of blue chips 3. The diversified blue chip portfolio is wieghted towards those that have forecast their DY above average, thus the underlying shares are all value plays 4. The market has been hammered recently and, thus, the IPO gets in at the RIGHT time. 5. You don't have to pay outrageous management fees each year and have an estimated DY of 4.5%pa (based on BEFORE the market crash share DY's) I don't know about everyone else is thinking...but I am very excited about the prospect of lots of money.
0 Kudos
Brommie
Frequent Contributor
I agree with H. It's a great investment but still to be managed within one's risk profile.
0 Kudos
louisg
Super Contributor
The only thing that gives me pleasure is to see my dividend coming in. --John D. Rockefeller.
0 Kudos
DZ
Contributor
i put in an offer for some satrix divi's. If i want to add extra after the offer will there be brokerage costs?
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Well Well....what a cock up....SFM had 4pm as the deadline.....emailed today as wasnt able to place a bid online....no repsonse...so call after 3 and guess what....the dealine was actually 3!
0 Kudos
CHATTYCHAT
Super Contributor
Yah! The home page got me @ the shorts as well. The offer screen was quite clear on the deadline, but strangely the home p announcement stuck better in my mind. Beware JOZI bonds are set for 12:00 on 6 sept and NOT @ 4:00pm
0 Kudos