Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Satrix

srothman
New Contributor
Hi, Not sure if this is the correct place for this topic, but so please excuse if this is out of place. I am looking to invest about R10000, and as far as I can gather, by best bet would be to look at Satrix. My questions is this: Which one of the funds? After analyzing the info available on each one, I am considering either the Satrix 40 or the Satrix Divi. Any comments more than welcome. Thanks
0 Kudos
7 REPLIES 7
Not applicable
10k? U gonna deal with brokers fees, R600 per year on bank charges, unceartain markets. your anual divident yield wont even cover ur anual bank fees. my opinion
0 Kudos
Salv
Frequent Contributor
If u planning on doing a once off 10K and no other or few trades rather invest it with satrix direct (check there website) as fees are mch lower. I like the stx40 personally.
0 Kudos
Salv
Frequent Contributor
If u planning on doing a once off 10K and no other or few trades rather invest it with satrix direct (check there website) as fees are mch lower. I like the stx40 personally.
0 Kudos
nala
Super Contributor
deal direct with satrix - it is much cheaper
0 Kudos
saash
Super Contributor
I'd also suggest you go direct, but also shop around with other banks online share trading platforms, as there are some that don't charge monthly, but charge a higher brokerage per trade - this is a good option if you only planning to make 1 trade per year or so. Sbk charges you monthly if the account is not traded - if you do 3 trades in the month, they don't charge that fee. Is good for if you are going to trade more, but to trade more, you need more capital to cover the broker fees.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
you can also look at Standard Bank's auto share invest, i think they offer satrix as well. Also look at BIPS - a similar product.
0 Kudos
srothman
New Contributor
I will be going direct with Satrix. I will probably be investing R500- odd each month as well apart from the initial investment.
0 Kudos