Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Satrix40 ( Simon can u assist plz)

Not applicable
I want to get into satrix40 now and just want to know how would you go about it, I know u said in the training session last time go in piece by piece, do you think its a good time to get in now or is it to high? Regards
0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
is teh market too high? Is this a good time to buy? No idea, not even a little idea. I have twice had lump sums to put into STX40 and both times I put the money in over a period of time, and both times the strong market made that wrong as I ended up losing money by not investing all up front. BUT it is a risk assessment and I would do the same again.
0 Kudos
CHATTYCHAT
Super Contributor
The monthly subscription option with a long term view appeals much more to me. You could even deposit lump sums when the market 'allows' it.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
The management costs are lower when you deposit monthly. And you can add lump sums into your account as someone mentioned. We've started 2 years ago and haven't looked back, even increased our monthly contribution.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
hi- sorry for the rookie question but I've clean forgotten how to go about getting a Satrix40 acc. Can I do it through this platform? Please advise. Thanks
0 Kudos
cfm
Super Contributor
You can trade Satrix directly through this account. Allows better control, but a higher brokerage. If you are interested in the a monthly buy or lump sum buy options, then go to the satrix web site.www.satrix.co.za
0 Kudos