Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Scam using OST trading account

SKALA
Super Contributor
Have now received 2 EMails in last week from [email protected] asking for absolute all detailes regarding my internet bank account; pin nr, password, acc nr, all!!! They say that my OST online account will be closed unless I provide this info so as to update the data base. Just hope people dont fall for this scam, so take note.
0 Kudos
14 REPLIES 14
SKALA
Super Contributor
Am I the only one that received such EMails??
0 Kudos
Not applicable
seems so. Thanks for the heads up though.
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
tis a general phishing scam, and aimed at internet banking not OST ..
0 Kudos
Not applicable
They can't draw money out your OST account but they can buy and sell shares for you. Maybe they will buy some good shares, you never know give it a try lol
0 Kudos
Levitt
Regular Contributor
In my e-mail spam folder there's hundreds of fake banking mails, even from banks with whom I don't bank, fake SARS mail going round aswell..
0 Kudos
SKALA
Super Contributor
Thanks for the advice, but prefer to make my own mistakes. However did change my OST password. Question is, how did they know that I have an OST account?
0 Kudos
Not applicable
either send it out to random people trying to target ost clients or they saw you post your email on here then it's an insider joke ?
0 Kudos
Wizard
Super Contributor
I was only trying to help u SKALA :) If u don't buy CPI...u not going to make money in this world!
0 Kudos
3JN2
Frequent Contributor
I download email headers first then choose emails I want to receive. If I don't know name or it looks vaguely suspicious I delete it on server. A bit tedious but so much safer.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
I have received such standardbank email and I thank the fact that you guyz have been updating us about such schemes and I did not fall for it.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Just ignore it. I get dozens every day. Banks will never request you info online.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Just ignore it. I get dozens every day. Banks will never request your info online.
0 Kudos
qwest
Frequent Contributor
i've been receiving same, 10 days in a row,just deleted it
0 Kudos
qwest
Frequent Contributor
talk of the devil just received another one
0 Kudos