Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Searching for the Environmental Trigger to the Second Great Depression

the_stig
Occasional Contributor
Sorry Simon - but I had to google End Time Visionist....and this is what i found, and I quote: As I watched, my eyes suddenly turned to the far north, and I saw seemingly destruction: men and women in anguish and crying out, and buildings in destruction. Then I heard again, the fourth voice that said, "Now is My wrath being poured out upon the face of the earth." From the ends of the whole world, the wrath of God seemed to be poured out and it seemed that there were great vials of God's wrath being poured out upon the face of the earth. I can remember it as though it happened a moment ago. I shook and trembled as I beheld the awful sight of seeing the cities, and whole nations going down into destruction. I could hear the weeping and wailing. I could hear people crying. They seemed to cry as they went into caves, but the caves in the mountains opened up. - End quote The point being??? QED : property in the Drakensberg is the next big thing, you heard it here first at OST
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
lol .. ETV is the belief in end of world as we know it within ones life time .. a great book on the subject titled end time visions, hence the phrase ..
0 Kudos
the_stig
Occasional Contributor
Thanks - I will try and read it before I die....wait, is that an oxymoron? Good night campers
0 Kudos
Not applicable
lol dude as I said I belong squarely in the solid hard fact science camp until PROVEN otherwise by Mr Simmons. Must admit u r right about my end time persona....now if only the dam DA will give me the permit to build my arc launch pad on the top of Table Mountain. Tis what I hate about Cape Town....much harder to buy "officials" down here....man I miss Jo'burg and my ANCYL mates! Now back to the papsak and me night time apocolypse reading to sooth the nerves *hic*. PS: When u down here??....got loads of papsak right on the beach in a distinct pyramid structure (block where missus De Klerk got iced)
0 Kudos
kwagga
Super Contributor
Interesting posts, but my personal opinion is that "the end" to what we call intelligent live won't be a good Hollywood armaggedon ending, but it will be slow and painful, from a poisened and resource depleted planet that cannot sustain live as we know it. I think we are aready seeing the ramifications of pollution with increased instances of cancer. It will become a pandemic of note in due time. Oil spills like the BP one is just a drop in the bucket.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
What is Relative density of CH4? What is exploding range? Your teory holds no truth.I have enjoyed reading it.
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
ya think about this for a second... a atomic bomb to stop an oil leak thats like trying to put out a fire with gasoline
0 Kudos
HateGauteng
Super Contributor
There's only so much strain that a system can take before it breaks and there's an all fall down. It took decades of mismanagement leading up to the dust bowl.
0 Kudos