Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Second best advice

SimonPB
Valued Contributor
Iâ_Tve questioned myself numerous times about what is the best advice one can give to new trader. Of course, without any doubt, is to have stop loss and to stick to it. However, this advice is related to traderâ_Ts risk management, as well as few other things, but they need completely different blog post.

So, today I would like to point to THE SECOND BEST advice one can give to a beginner:

http://tickertalk.co.za/blog.php?user=ALSITRADER&blogentry_id=2716
0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
ACEP_
Regular Contributor
Well then the 3rd best piece of advice is if your trade doesn't trigger then ensure you cancel it! Like now today to have found you had an alsi short triggered hurts! Maybe included in that advise is click the SMS box!
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
that needs to be part of your proce4ss .. ensuring all trades are cancelled at EOD ..
0 Kudos
ACEP_
Regular Contributor
0 Kudos
THRESHOLD
Super Contributor
Make sure your psychologist has a comfy couch!
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Rather make sure you are the psychologist WITH the comfy couch and trade opposite to what your clients are telling you. I see a double hedge strategy. You get their money to tell you their story and you use their money to make good on what they did wrong.... hmm, I was thinking about studying strawberry and nut farming but now I have to reconsider.
0 Kudos