Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Security screening

Penny_Pincher
Super Contributor
Is there a reputable, not too costly jse security screening service/facility/website where one can identify securities as per user defined criteria/parameters that you pre-define and then place them on a watch list.
0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
blarney
Occasional Contributor
There is a perfectly adequate first level screening programme on this website. Open the instruments drop down list and select filters/share filter and then specify up to five user selected criteria and a sorting preference. This will produce a printable list ranked by sorting prefeerence. My favoured selection criteria are current and 3year return on capital employed and return on shareholders equity to assess inherent performance and price earnings to assess the corresponding price of the share. The dividend paid can be reflected against four of the above criteria by selecting dividend greater than zero.
0 Kudos
Penny_Pincher
Super Contributor
Blarney thank you for the information. I note the information seems to be all around fundamentals ie. financial stats and forecasts. I am more interested in technical indicators for short term trading for eg. identifying overbought/oversold levels etc. Another example would be to see a list of stocks which have crossed over pre-dfeined EMA levels etc. I checked on a few on the internet but I am tend to be a bit skeptical on these services and its heritage. I am merely looking for the ability to identify potential trading opportunities with limited time available to do such research. For me its not about not doing the research but rather having a tool available to speed up the process of identifying potential CFD trades. If it allows for back testing in developing a trading strategy even better.
0 Kudos
sponono
Super Contributor
0 Kudos