Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Seem to have found new life

HungryPunter
Regular Contributor
The share started really well today, seems as though this share is in for a short bull run. Any views on the levels that will be achieved, before a reversal?
0 Kudos
11 REPLIES 11
kwagga
Super Contributor
Short bull run ? This share has been shooting the lights out since Jan 09 - up 274%. The bull run on this has has never stopped since then.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
yip, my biggest trading mistake of the year - exited my position during the last pullback. Left a looott of money on the table
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
trading mistake ??? then you should rather work for Telkom or the SABC!
0 Kudos
HungryPunter
Regular Contributor
Poor turn of phrase on my side, you are refering to the 2000 meter run, when I am refering to the 100 m sprint. Yes you are correct, but I am refering to the short term trading opportunity, as oposed to the longer term bull run.
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
to answer the question, one never knows where exactly the retracement will be, so if you in this share, i would think your rules will determine where you close the position and take profits, but there will be a retracement, and based on todays price action, a higher level will be in place if it retraces to around 2981 and then reverses. If 2981 does not hold, then a reversal at support around 2825, will maintain the daily uptrend...
0 Kudos
HungryPunter
Regular Contributor
I see the board had approved a share buyback program.
0 Kudos
partridge
Super Contributor
Nothing like being the last person to arrive at the party after the happy hour has ended.
0 Kudos
HungryPunter
Regular Contributor
That is the benefit of the 100m vs the 2000. When the 100m is over and the direction changes then I run the 100 m in the other way. This was a nice short, still going down (New 100m)
0 Kudos
sponono
Super Contributor
in Zulu they say "uyosinda nasimpini".
0 Kudos
sponono
Super Contributor
William J. Oneil quotation ...you should sell if a stock hits its upper channel line after a huge run-up. (on a stock chart, channel lines are somewhat parallel lines drawn by connecting the lows of the price pattern with one straight line and then connecting the highs made over several months with another straight line)
0 Kudos
HungryPunter
Regular Contributor
I use Directional movement with a SAR and then to test the mood Stochastic and Price ROC. This showed me the direction I need to be in. I did not read this in a book though, but it makes me money and I am happy.
0 Kudos