Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Selectivity

Not applicable
Has anybody noticed that Simon P. Brown is very selective in answering questions addressed to him on this forum. What is the reason? Perhaps sulking when he has been proven wrong?
0 Kudos
17 REPLIES 17
Not applicable
I think you and I have been lumped in the same category...which doesnt make me feel good....on several levels...
0 Kudos
Not applicable
You are mistaken. I think he tries to answer all the relevant questions posted on this site. Let's be honest we sometimes ask the same question 4x in one week. Even when i tried i could not get through all the comments. Additionally the dude takes care of OST which is more than lookig at the comments section the whole day. Maybe OST needs to have an online service desk role, someone to answer all our questions. I feel sorry for the bugger already.
0 Kudos
CrownA
Super Contributor
Poor Simone - he gets all our gripes and a lot are not even his fault - I mean responsibility. But he has become sort of the spokesperson for OST. Thanks Simon!
0 Kudos
Not applicable
I asked a very simple question. But since I caught him once telling blatant untruths he seems to have blacklisted me!
0 Kudos
Russ
Super Contributor
If you havn't already been blacklisted I predict that you will be now.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Intellegent questions = intellegent answers, so stop asking dorf questions....he he he. You actually get interesting answers from the forum if anyone cares to answer. Be warned not to listen to everyone....we are not experts
0 Kudos
Not applicable
It's his job. Deal with it. Why do you people feel sorry for him? He chose the job. And yes he should answer all questions and not only some OMO.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Patric - that is not correct dude
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Simon's job is education. Yelling at Simon about the price streamer is like shouting at a waiter in a restaurant because the chef has prepared the food badly. I know that some forumites will be unable to understand why it's stupid to blame whatever they imagine OST's shortcomings are on Simon.
0 Kudos
simps
Contributor
Some of us have lost some money over the last few months but that's no excuse to take it out Simone! Patrick get yourself together man
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Simon had the habit of blaming most of the shortcomings of SFM on the JSE. Until I contacted the JSE direct who were not too happy with this state of affairs. They contacted SFM and the bosses of SFM had red cheeks when confronted with this. Their answer was that SIMON was misinformed on the issue and that his answer was wrong. I pointed out to them that Simon had blamed the JSE on a number of occasions for technical problems. Since then he has not replied to one of my queries on the forum. Rather childish I would say and not the behaviour of a mature person.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Nonsense, Patrik, but then I suspect you already know that.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Ask Simon direct as you seem to know him Or better contact Kurt PAGEL and ask him how embarassed he was when the JSE spoke to him. I never lie in cases like this and that is what you are accusing me of. You do not even know all the details but you are rude and uncivilised in your conclusion. AND WRONG!!!!!
0 Kudos
Not applicable
0 Kudos
Ditzy
Frequent Contributor
Hi Patrik, if you were in Simone's shoes, would you appreciate getting what you are dishing up ? Is there not a more constructive way of resolving whatever the issue is? I know he has bad hair, but he looks pretty normal and reasonable, you may want to think of approaching him directly. omo.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Please! Simone is the feminine for Simon (in French at least!)
0 Kudos
surfer
Regular Contributor
Ironic cause before Simon was there nobody did his job.now yo blaming him.in my view ost by sbk is still the best or if not one of the best give
0 Kudos