Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Sell Preferences (Repeat)

WarningGP
Contributor
I wish there was an option that we could choose to "fill order" or "kill order" when not complete 'cos AGAIN i get an incomplete sell and have to pay 4 FEES as only a lousy 10 shares were sold as part of a few thousand. I have been told to trade liquid shares, but i think the STXFIN is pretty liquid.... It is an easy option to implement from the web programmers and very usefull to us using this platform!
0 Kudos
7 REPLIES 7
Not applicable
I am not sure about this - but I think OST will roll all the fees into a single one at the end of the day, so they will only charge you one brokerage. Check with the call centre?
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
if you trading STX then trade against the market maker and you wqill be filled 100% .. your fill or kill comcept is not going to help one bit on low liquid shares unless you prepared to cross the spread ..
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
yes, for multiple buy in same account same share ..
0 Kudos
WarningGP
Contributor
is that 1 fee gonna apply for 1 day, what happens if the same sell order happens over a few days, will the fees be combined - if so then maybe the fill or kill would'nt really need to implemented. & surley a STXFIN is liquid?
0 Kudos
Not applicable
STXfin liquid? Nope, average volume of around 90k per day is hardly liquid. I think only 5000 shares traded yesterday. You will see that there is always a big block volume of around 30k shares on the bid and on the ask. That is the market maker price. If you trade at that price, you will be filled for sure. If you trade anything inbetween, chances are pretty slim. ANd you shouldn't be trading STX with anything less than a couple of weeks timeframe, so the market maker spread should then not be a problem
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
nope .. one day only ..
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
but market maker ensures it is as liquid as required .. small print is that you'll have to cross the spread when buying/selling ..
0 Kudos