Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Sell by date expired?

Not applicable
The consensus forecast for KIO has been a 'sell' since 16 Feb '09. The price has risen from 162.00 to a high of 280.00, reached on 21 Sept '09. After a slight retracement the price seems to be surging ahead; iron ore prices, along with demand,seem to be on the rise again,yet the recommendation is stuck on 'sell'. My question is whether how much,if any,importance should be placed on such recommendations?
0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6
Not applicable
*$%@ all, IMO. Its a great stock, although it is in a bit of an ambush zone technically. It has bounced hard, but is now in a 50-50 situation. Here is a tip for you - keep up to date on the Grindrod announcements, they will tell you straight away what is happening in the ironore industry since they ship the stuff.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Thanks tjopper,i'm up to date with most announcements re iron ore,just wanted clarity on the consensus recommendation issue.Should be an interesting stock to watch.
0 Kudos
sasa
Regular Contributor
I've just realised a 6.9% profit by buying last week at an interim resistance level of around R221, and then my trailing stop loss kicked in this morning. Did I get out too early...??
0 Kudos
jack12
Super Contributor
imo yes resistance is at 251
0 Kudos
DR_1
Super Contributor
last year everyone had the opposite view. strange how we percieve an increase when govts are still pumping the billions to sustain economines, US deficit almost equal to GDP and unemployment poised to rise to 13% by next year...recovery ???
0 Kudos
Kipper
Contributor
Yeah, resistance at just over 25000, but not impossible is a breakthrough resistance to 29000 plus. Thoughts?
0 Kudos