Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Sell or hold?

BusyBee
Contributor
Any feedback on whether this is going to continue falling?
0 Kudos
21 REPLIES 21
Not applicable
na hold hey, sim is a good place to be, medium term looks good..wat price u get in at? omo
0 Kudos
BusyBee
Contributor
0 Kudos
scandal
Super Contributor
Im not sure about the Hold recommendation. Check out this link on Sim fundamentals.. http://sharetips.co.za/?p=317
0 Kudos
Mr_Bean
Frequent Contributor
SIM at these levels is a definite buy. Solid support, volume starting to tick up in anticipation of results next month. Gold price on the up again. Ang made a strong bounce, and I expect the same this time from SIM. I am holding on to R5.00, long term it will shoot the lights out.
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
Show me a gold mining company that has shot the lights out in the last year. why oh why should this be diffrent.. oh and as far as the market is concerned you can have their gold mining assets for free.
0 Kudos
scandal
Super Contributor
anyone know where i can get a reliable source for price on Uranium?
0 Kudos
Mr_Bean
Frequent Contributor
John, I think you will be surprised at the gold mining co's results going forward. The gold price has not totally filtered through a full set of results. Ignore them at your own peril. There is too much chaos around the world for gold to subside.
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
gold does not a gold mining company make.. Gold I am sure will do well.
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
Simmers bought gold assets that not even Harmony could pretend to mine profitably. They in turn called it a uranium mine with gold assets... this some how was supposed to make them quality assets... they are junk junk junk... why else would the market cost them at less than 50c a share.
0 Kudos
muc
Contributor
Not a bad closing auction on simmers!
0 Kudos
Mr_Bean
Frequent Contributor
Strange situation brewing, which I think will result in a big upward jerk. Results out in June, volume has started picking up, and RSI has also starting turning up from oversold, yet the price is almost in limbo around R3.88-R4.00. Gold price is on the rise over $925.00 again, as are most the other gold shares ie GFI, Ang, Har. I predict a good solid run very shortly, so I am happy to be holding right now. If you aint in yet, now is probably a good time, price is around 1 year low, brokers sentiment puts SIM at a buy.....A 20% bounce is coming now.
0 Kudos
platsak
Super Contributor
This share fell out of favour big time. Apparantly the grade of the uranium they are getting out is not up to standard. Will problably pick up speed again. When is their next results due?
0 Kudos
Mr_Bean
Frequent Contributor
Results out around 20-26 June. Forecasted results are pretty good going forward. I think they are re alinging themsleves to gold, which should pay off pretty nicely.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
This should also help... http://www.miningweekly.com/article.php?a_id=133891 SIM owns approx 67% of First Uranium
0 Kudos
Mr_Bean
Frequent Contributor
Jorrie, thanks, sounds really exciting for SIM. I definately see a jump from R4.00 up to around R.480-R5.00 in near future, but much higher by year end. Results coming out soon, watch volume and RSI. Now is the time to get in.
0 Kudos
Electrox
Super Contributor
This share is in a heavy down trend!! everyone thought R4.00 was where it would bounce and it did but only to the R4.35 mark(lower high) I think a good sign would be to see the directors buying at these levels since they last sold at the R5,05 level. besides that theres 1 month b4 SSF close out which by then only the share price could go up from these levels. Seriously looking at averaging down but then again they say "DONT AVERAGE DOWN" time will tell
0 Kudos
skrahs
Not applicable
I see the trend is still downwards yet a lot op people still say this is a good buy and one should hold. At what price should one start to panic?
0 Kudos
Tom168
Frequent Contributor
at the price of 479c should one be panic!!! Being panic leads to selling, major institutions is gonna be pick it up from 470-475. I am looking to get in around 475c Sim has good prospects...price should double in a years time
0 Kudos
Mr_Bean
Frequent Contributor
Simmers is about to take off, so get in now around support. I think if we can break the R4.00 convincingly today, this baby, with results out in a few weeks is going to be a flyer. R4.80 in the next couple of weeks.
0 Kudos