Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Sell or hold?

Brommie
Frequent Contributor
As weekly, not day-trader, time to take profit?
0 Kudos
7 REPLIES 7
prancing_horse
Super Contributor
If you can invest in something that will give you a better return after you've liquidated your SOL holding and allowed for the tax on your profit then, yes. The question is "are you sure you'll get a better return?".You must have had a profit margin in mind when the purchase was made, so maybe stick to your original plan. Personally they are my biggest long term holding and will continue to hold but liquidated all my CFDs in the 490's.
0 Kudos
warhippo
Super Contributor
I like what is happening here. http://www.sasollouisianaprojects.com/ Will follow closely the financing of this in USA.
0 Kudos
kwagga
Super Contributor
Put in a 10% trailing stop loss and forget about this one.
0 Kudos
IAM
Contributor
Have any of you read The Prize by Daniel Yergin? Essentially it is a very comprehensive and complete history of oil, well worth the read. From it you can see that oil throughout history goes through phases where the price climbs and climbs and the increased price then makes new means of extraction financially viable. These new methods of extraction bring huge new volumes of oil to the market resulting in a price collapse. I essentially think this is happening at the moment with Shale gas. News out today is that the USA is now once again the biggest producer of oil in the world thanks to Shale and I don't see the shale production stopping any time soon. To summarise, I can't see the price collapsing in the next year or so, but in 5 to 10 years I think we are more likely to see $50 oil then $200 oil. Still think its a great investment for the medium term though
0 Kudos
klapka
Super Contributor
I do remember it - a very good read too. Showing our age? I think Sasol was R23 when I first bought it.
0 Kudos
ICB
New Contributor
How do I put a 10 % trailing stop loss on it?
0 Kudos
ICB
New Contributor
How do I put a 10 % trailing stop loss on it?
0 Kudos