Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Selling gold Kruger rands

john_1
Super Contributor
I know have a couple of mint condition gold Kruger rands and half Kruger rands that I would like to sell (7 or 8), anybody out there interested in a little off market cash transaction?
0 Kudos
15 REPLIES 15
john_1
Super Contributor
that would be NOW..
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
well is it 7 or 8 ??
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
I have to go check in the safe... they have been ther since 1984
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
one of those investments that turned into a buy and hold when the buy and sell stratergy did not work.. but that was before my time!!!!
0 Kudos
PaulC
Super Contributor
John, please mail me with what you would like price wise for them - Paul C
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
my email is [email protected] for those interested..
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
Paul.. R12500 at todays rand /gold
0 Kudos
PaulC
Super Contributor
ah bugger. I hadnt been following the ZAR USD. I must pass. Patience tells me to wait and I went almost all in end of july anyway. Ill pass the word around at work as I know some folks want.
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
OK... I have 14.95 ounces of gold to sell, 10 ounces in One ounce coins the others are half and quater ounces coines... all are in mint condition (never touched) in presentation boxes... the price R12900 today. you can do cash of an EFT! I want to buy some shares instead
0 Kudos
Not applicable
out of interest - what are the more conventional methods of selling krugerrands?
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
well because most people have no access to a chat like this.. they use the SA gold coin exchange... the spread is R12500- R13400 hence the price R12900 its meeting at the midprice.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Just a question...how many grams in 1 ounce?, I understand there is a diff between fine and normal ounce
0 Kudos
PaulC
Super Contributor
1 troy ounce = 31.1034768 grams All metals traded in troy ounces. - P
0 Kudos
Not applicable
0 Kudos
Franksays
Frequent Contributor
I sold yesterday at Scoin for R12 800 per oz. Nice
0 Kudos