Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Sens

sponono
Super Contributor
how the mighty have fallen.
0 Kudos
13 REPLIES 13
divz
Super Contributor
yip again shows the importance of a stop loss MUR was looking pretty secure to about 3720 and a sure bet for some recovery after the crisis alas not to be
0 Kudos
Quakedog
Super Contributor
I hate you Murray! But I will keep you, never sell!
0 Kudos
Jellyram
Contributor
Never ever ignore a valid stop/loss and 2% risk management.Made big bucks on MUR but got out in time.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Quakedog, don't feel bad. I'm holding some Basil Read and they too*****lap as well following the MUR sens. Seems as if some negative sentiment has set in on some of the construction shares. The issues MUR have are nothing new, just needs careful management.
0 Kudos
CHATTYCHAT
Super Contributor
Some "lekka" directors' dealings during October 2010 - the latest tendency should have been known at the time, however the JSE rules seemingly does not require a sens earlier than this one was given. I'm holding onto RBX
0 Kudos
Kbee
Contributor
& they're still falling...
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Just read the Fin24 article on Eskom's perspective of the M&R debacle. Feel sorry for M&R but the reality is that you need to have all your ducks in a row when dealing with State entities. It's no great secret that they're bad payers and cause service providers severe cash flow problems. M&R should take Eskom up on the open offer to go and discuss the matter with them.
0 Kudos
striker
Super Contributor
-not forgetting that Brian Bruce is one of the highest paid CEO's of a listed coy. - R9.00m salary and R90.00m from stock options last year . Some say it's time for him to go.
0 Kudos
Bangbielie
Contributor
I have a good friend at MUR who told me 18 months ago that rumours were going around then already, that if Medupi goes pear shaped, it could sink the whole M&R ship. Well it looks like chickens have come to roost. Surely the directors didn't know this when they sold their option at R100.
0 Kudos
Franksays
Frequent Contributor
Absolutely being punished. Reminds me of ACL. Where do you reckon it will find support?
0 Kudos
striker
Super Contributor
- and now the competition com. is snooping. Jeez who would be in construction ?
0 Kudos
Not applicable
I remember last year some time posting on the market's fascination for M&R, the construction stock with the highest debt & biggest dubai exposure. Couple that with the fact that it's huge turnover in previous years means that it has a lot of mouths to feed - my strategy of sticking with smaller construction stocks still seems sound, but to be fair, they are also taking a hammering
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Yip, seems like construction shares in general are taking a bit of a beating. Just had my stop loss triggered on Basil Read so I'm out. Learn't hard lessons in the past regarding stop losses so definitely sticking to one I set on BSR. I see PPC and Howden have also been under some selling pressure. Will wait for the dust to settle.
0 Kudos