Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Sense on IMU

Marno_1
Regular Contributor
Headline loss per share of approximately 0,71 cents, a 99,9%reduction in the loss and headline loss per share of 539,44 cents for the corresponding reporting period being the six months ended 30 June 2006. Is it time to cut the losses and face the music?
0 Kudos
13 REPLIES 13
Taurus
Super Contributor
Depends at what price you went in...never take more than a 10% loss my friend.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
seems like the co wants people to sell the way the sens is written.They could have said that the heps is way better than it was in the previous period (99.99%). ie loss of .71c compared to loss of 539.44c. What do you say Abuzz or am i reading it wrong.
0 Kudos
ABuzz
Super Contributor
Regardless of how they put it (remember paul Fouche is Afrikaans and I have often found his communications to be slightly strange due to the language difference), yes it is better, but we all know that one can hardly use these as an accurate comparrison, the previous period was when they were vamping up pre-listing and this is a normal operating period, so I wouldn't read too much into it, nevertheless, it is an improvement.
0 Kudos
duke_vest
Frequent Contributor
I would like to play neutral on this one, even though i have a pretty steep amount of shares with IMU. one has to face the fact that IMU has only run south to date. however i do think that negative sentiment around this share is the biggest factor in its fall in price than either the slack attitude by its directors, or the failure to get the BEE targets in line. however i do think the performance figures should be our guideline to making decisions regarding the trading of this share. what baffles me is that there are shares around selling like "soet koek" but with real k@k earning ratios and PE ratings. IMU's sick share price has actually boosted it's Earnings ratio and has drastically improved its PE rating. in my opinion this share is worth at least 13c at its current standing and i think it is going to get some major attention in the near future.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
yes this stock will be getting a lot of attention in the future....from sellers all desperately wanting to sell and get out the last little bit they can before it loses all its value.....Just cause Fouche is Afrikaans that doesn't give him the right to talk [email protected] reminds me of an apartheid era politician...lacking any integrity...the type who has a skew mouth (skewe bek).....you know why they have a skewe bek? From the way they contort their face as they secretely whisper to the maid as they pass through the kitchen...."see you in the garage" I am a boer so I can make these jokes....
0 Kudos
topgun
Super Contributor
How can IMU have an earnings yield or a PE ratio if, according to the latest SENS, it is operating at a loss??? How do you derive a value of 13 cps or is that merely your breakeven???
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Topgun....prolly the price he bought at...hope springs eternal...
0 Kudos
Not applicable
not often on the jse you see a share with a NAV twice that of the share price.
0 Kudos
duke_vest
Frequent Contributor
no my friend. my breakeven is off the charts gone straight to hell. if my breakeven was 13c i would be sleeping tonight
0 Kudos
topgun
Super Contributor
some we win and some we lose....but a loss is still painful. It is nevertheless important that you think about what went wrong in your investment approach and why you chose to invest in IMU. This way you learn and develop safeguards and at least derive some benefit. We all make mistakes...
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
topgun, agreed 100%. making mistakes is part of investing/trading. The real trick is to limit the cost of those mistakes and to learn from them so that we don't repeat them.
0 Kudos
Shaun_Siddall
Super Contributor
I have just purchased about R10k worth of shares at 6c. I have heard there is another annoucement next week regarding certain products lets see what happens 50% stoploss i loss R5k if gets to 13c or 14c R10k christmas bonus...
0 Kudos
duke_vest
Frequent Contributor
yes. i agree. my first serious school fee as a beginner investor. mistake nr1: put too many eggs in one basket. mistake nr2: didn't heed the warning signs when they were there. mistake nr3: ate the bull***** that the directors fed me. mistake nr4: hung on to sentiment hoping there would be a change around similar to vestor (converge). mistake nr5: held on losses too long. i admit i stuffed up big time with this one. i know now how those poor enron investors felt.
0 Kudos