Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Sep Alsi Futures

FEK
Super Contributor
Forum, futures went pass +/- 36050 - 36100, what are the next likely targets ?
0 Kudos
95 REPLIES 95
Rams
Super Contributor
36340, 36506 provided ALSI trades above 36000
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
too late for an intraday short?
0 Kudos
stores
Super Contributor
Hi FEK...I suggest that instead of asking where the market is moving every day, that you give your opinion on where you think its going, and why...I think that this is fair...Do you?
0 Kudos
FEK
Super Contributor
Thanks stores for your comments, think we are heading towards 36500.
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
I would suggest that instead of asking where the market is going, one merely waits for it to tell you .. trade the price ..
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
Good advice Simon....once I enter a trade , the exit is entered also....thereafter , the market decides what happens to the trade....very lazy, especially with a good early morning trade....I am considering making it even more lazy by not even moving the stop ...
0 Kudos
orange68
Super Contributor
yesterday and today free points i even brought food to celebrate
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Wednesday and Thursday will be days of reckoning. Mr Bernanke gets to rattle our cages on Wed night 8pm (SA time), he will talk about QE and tapering, possibly beginning in Sept. I try to never be the last one to leave the party!
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
So more money to be made
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
looks like pancakes until Benanke?
0 Kudos
FEK
Super Contributor
Agreed, and then the blow up.......
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
0 Kudos
FEK
Super Contributor
Possibly, Rams is your prediction still that we have reached the bottom in June ?
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
just a "prediction", but not trading based on that...i have been investing(adding to my portfolio) based on the TOPI going through the 200 EMA(daily chart) and coming back up through the 200 EMA..so the bottom was more than 2000 points away...and that was just about a month ago...
0 Kudos
FEK
Super Contributor
Good for you...
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Well,if this morning so far is just a sample of whats still to come (today/tomorrow)... I guess the clever thing would be to head for the hills and watch. Quite some important data coming out of US this afternoon, before Mr B speaks.
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
it is just data, the market will tell us if it was(is) important ..
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
and the importance of what he says is relative to whether you short or long...you have to be in the market, to buy, to sell,or hold
0 Kudos
Not applicable
36500 seems to be the big number to watch.... it's either a bull or bear trap!
0 Kudos