Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Sep Alsi Futures

Rams
Super Contributor
Ben has been told to ease up on his choice of words(no spooky market words)...if i was a gambler, i would say 36500 is BULL... er bullish...anyway our market will be closed when his lips move?
0 Kudos
Not applicable
His choice of words are whats going to create volatility, plenty room for misinterpretation of his message. Yes, we will be closed when his lips move. Big gap at opening tomorrow. He might also talk about his potential retirement in Jan, something else for the bulls and bears to fight about.
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
so some of the numbers must be good..Dow is on the fly...incidentally Facebook just hit $38...remember..
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
and now we wait for Ben....
0 Kudos
Not applicable
It will be very interesting to see what happens later this evening. I see the data releases today as support for tapering sooner rather than later, markets went up. We all know what happened the last time tapering was mentioned.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
I am referring in particular to better than expected jobs numbers today, and improved annualised GDP figures in the US.
0 Kudos
FEK
Super Contributor
Flat open for a change.....
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
so what did ben say ?? coz my longs are making me money ..
0 Kudos
Not applicable
ha ha, he made no mention about when tapering might start. (or his potential retirement). So I guess that's great news! The QE junkies think everything is perfect. The upward trend continues for now.
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
Well, He said nothing new, so the trend is inact....
0 Kudos
maverick7
Occasional Contributor
i'm new to this, so can anyone tell me why the market increased so much today?
0 Kudos
Prestonmyhusban
Regular Contributor
There are more sellers than buyers.
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
Benanke said stimulus to continue and US economy in good shape...
0 Kudos
maverick7
Occasional Contributor
but if there more sellers than buyers, wouldnt that mean supply is greater than demand, which should lower the price.
0 Kudos
Prestonmyhusban
Regular Contributor
Not if the sellers are selling into market strength .
0 Kudos
maverick7
Occasional Contributor
if the market increased so much based on that news, that seems like an over reaction and likely correction to follow.
0 Kudos
maverick7
Occasional Contributor
could it be stop losses on short positions being triggered?
0 Kudos
Prestonmyhusban
Regular Contributor
now that is an intelligent boy.
0 Kudos
Prestonmyhusban
Regular Contributor
ask RAMS, he is good on losses.
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
Maverick , Big Ben was not negative, so there are more buyers in this market...forget about the sellers
0 Kudos