Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Server upgrade tonight

richardw
Super Contributor
With Safari and Chrome support - thanks, devs!
0 Kudos
14 REPLIES 14
carrot
Occasional Contributor
Does this mean I can finally trade from the beach on my BB? Excellent!
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
if you browsing the web on a mobile there's only one browser you should be using .. opera mini ..
0 Kudos
Werner_1
Super Contributor
I know it will never happen with OST, but i really enjoy using my BB app (www.istockmanager.com) for my US account... really efficient and helps me alot when on the go...
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
why will it never happen ??
0 Kudos
Werner_1
Super Contributor
sorry Simon, just thought it's possibly a huge mission for SBK to create something like this for some people. user volumes might not make it worthwhile... i dont know. I do know that I would be your first customer though! Who here has a BlackBerry and/or iPhone - even though these versions would be very different?
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
ultimately everything is on the list .. an not dissing you but the expectation is for it to all happen yesterday .. reality is that we have to decide wich come first and in the last six months it has been; cfds, early div payments, alsi futures, price cuts, easy trader and more and of course back groud stuff that nobody really sees. An yes the list remains very long but unfortunatey world class dev is a process not an event ..

re a mobile app .. demand is the issue, and globally people are not using their broker via a mobile .. in time absolutely they will and equally we will have a mobile app ..
0 Kudos
Werner_1
Super Contributor
Simon, thanks, i understand 100%, we have the same issue at our company... I thought that's the problem, most people will rather trade/research/invest/whatever on the desktop, and then OST is very nice - i really like it - but maybe just a mobile monitor is a good idea to follow ones portfolio, readonly, etc... just an idea again... I really think the recent updates are all very nice... well done on your dev team! All of us really appreciate the work done to create a solid and efficient platform - thats the most important!
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Thanks Standard Bank, just posted this from my iPhone. Website works well and pretty fast on the iPhone
0 Kudos
Not applicable
I am on Chrome as well and zero issues ;-)
0 Kudos
suki
Super Contributor
I AM ON CHROME ALSO. NO ISSUES. THANKS AND BYE-BYE INTERNET EXPLORER
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Yikes, only issue is the charts, the magic number error problem, but this is more a JAVA issue than a chrome issue. So I will need to keep IE for a while ;-( till I get the work around
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Found the fix, updated to the latest version/build of Java (update 18 release 6) and that fixed Chromes problem with charts......bye bye IE
0 Kudos
HHuysamen
Occasional Contributor
I would also like to thank you to adding Chrome support. Simon thank you and the Dev team for addressing this!
0 Kudos
ANDY26
Contributor
THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU -AT LAST I CAN ACCESS MY PORTFOLIO FROM MY I PHONE WHICH IVE BEEN ASKING FOR OVER A YEAR .
0 Kudos