Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Seth Klarman

Blik
Super Contributor
Has anyone read: "Margin of Safety, Risk Averse Investing Strategies for the Thoughtful Investor" by Seth Klarman? Does anyone know if there is a copy for sale in South Africa? Price would be upwards of R5000.00 almost certainly. Unless in terrible condition. Does the book justify the price?
0 Kudos
18 REPLIES 18
CHATTYCHAT
Super Contributor
Google... 1 new from $2,497.00 15 used from $943.99 1 collectible from $2,499.00
0 Kudos
Preston
Super Contributor
Blik, what is in it for me?
0 Kudos
Captainfrom82
New Contributor

Hey Preston, 

A while ago (in 2013) you assisted someone with a soft-copy (pdf) of Seth Klarman's Margin of Safety.  Do you still have a copy that you could share - I would love to get my hands on a copy.

Sincerely

Captainfrom82

0 Kudos
Preston
Super Contributor

It is in pdf format. Post your e-mail address.

0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
So, seems Seth makes more money from selling the book?
0 Kudos
Blik
Super Contributor
@ Preston - not much I guess - I just know someone who is looking for a copy here. So if you have a copy, and want to sell, you have a chance to make an offer.
0 Kudos
Preston
Super Contributor
what is your e-mail address?
0 Kudos
Blik
Super Contributor
@ Rams - depends on who's selling, and if second hand or not. ABE books lists a few copies - also in the thousands of Dollars range.
0 Kudos
Preston
Super Contributor
e-mail address?
0 Kudos
Blik
Super Contributor
Send to [email protected]. I'll forward any info onto someone who wants the copy here in town. Cheers.
0 Kudos
Preston
Super Contributor
My offer to you is ,this copy if free cos we are in the business of trading sardines.. Pg 18 lol
0 Kudos
Preston
Super Contributor
Did you recieve it?
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
Are you on druge ot taking either of these drugs, Haldol, Prolixin, Navane, Stelazine, Trilafon, and Mellaril? Anyway , God bless you.
0 Kudos
Blik
Super Contributor
Many thanks Preston.
0 Kudos
Preston
Super Contributor
Oh gosh, my "little napoleon" is seeking attention again.
0 Kudos
Preston
Super Contributor
0 Kudos
suki
Super Contributor
Like sardine traders, many financial-market participants are attracted to speculation,never bothering to taste the sardines they are trading
0 Kudos
Preston
Super Contributor
0 Kudos