Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Share Installment News....

barry_1
Super Contributor
....that cannot wait for the share discussion in Sep. is that the three major brewers in America who supply 80% of the market are going to put their price of beer up sharply.That of course includes SABMiller PLC.That should probably have little impact on the final results in Dec.,but its the perception that counts.I saw it on CNN Money last night.The move is expected in about a months time.Smaller brewers are not going to increase their price for a coulple of months to try and gain more market share.Of course the drinking public is now complaining,but unlikely to change brands and with the advance notice will just pay more.I am sure this is the first move in what will certainly result in increases through out the world.Most brewers ajust their prices around now,but we are told this increase will go far beyond that....Beer is slowly loosing its place to lighter alcoholic drinks amongst the young upmarket.In a strange way all the ballyhoo around beer is expected to lead to many youngsters trying it out ,so starting an all new trend!
0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
Not applicable
No wonder I dont drink beer, I keep my money to add to the stocks that profit from the spenders...;-) I guess sins are always worth investing in cause there are always going to be consumers with vises.... Anyone know of a listed "adult services" company we could invest in for 2010?
0 Kudos
barry_1
Super Contributor
to make sure they are up to standard u will of course have to try em out????
0 Kudos