Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Share Management Software

Jim_Bean
Regular Contributor
Hi all, I need advice on which software I should buy to track my portfolio and to do technical analysis with. Please help
0 Kudos
7 REPLIES 7
Not applicable
Maybe you should talk to Njabulo - see posting below on sale of software.
0 Kudos
Jim_Bean
Regular Contributor
hehehe ... I can find a better way to spend R10k :) I looking for a basic TA package.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Well OST has free software. Use "my account" to track portfolio and use "price charts" to do TA.....
0 Kudos
Not applicable
buy a copy of Amibroker and subscribe to the investor data service from Standard Bank - it is about the cheapest. Otherwise, you can subscribe to Moneyweb's service - they give you the charting software for free, but charge a bit more for the data per month.
0 Kudos
Enzed
Frequent Contributor
Here are a few thoughts - all prices are verrry approximate: Market Explorer - Primecharts.co.za - Free software - You will only have to pay for the daily download service - usually about R120 pm.Provides all the main indicators plus a couple of buy/sell scans.They will send you a demo disc at a cost of R250 if you want it.Provides everything you need to start with. They also have a more sophisticated Market Master programme - don't know the cost. Amibroker - Costs about R1100 - very powerful programme with all the usual indicators. You have to write your own scan programmes using a user friendly computer language - unlimited possibilities. If you don't want to write the programmes using computer language you can buy an add -on for approx R500 which enables you to write programmes using English.I have it - very easy.Excellent charts and visuals.Obtainable from Sharenet.co.za Sharefinder by Richard Cluver - rcis.co.za- Provides excellent fundamental analysis of approx 200 top companies which are categorized from Bluest of blue chips to good but slighhtly more risky- analyses using about 50 fundamental criteria and then computes the results and ranks them using green and red colour coding. Technicals also good covering the whole JSE but not as user friendly as some of the others.Also has technical predictive charts which project charts into the future using cycle analysis.Cost also about R5000 Share Magic by Profile. Cost about R5000. Haven't got it - but seems highly recommended and has all the bells and whistles.Scans, explorations etc and very user friendly. Cheers.
0 Kudos
Jim_Bean
Regular Contributor
Thanks guys you have given me a lot to think about. I will have to look at these sites and do some analysis :)
0 Kudos
StanleyB
Contributor
ShareMagic LITE is R995.00 and R135.00 per month on this site. As an OST user you do not need the PRO version +-R6000 as most of the additional company info etc is already available on OST
0 Kudos