Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Share Price

FEK
Super Contributor
Lots of talk around BHP, what about Anglo, when do we anticipate move to around R345. Is this the underdog share ?
0 Kudos
22 REPLIES 22
Not applicable
in 2 weeks....
0 Kudos
Not applicable
what is your opinion
0 Kudos
FEK
Super Contributor
Hey Skaaptjop, i was waiting for your response, I am also in your camp and I see this market running to about 30 000 (TOP 40) with that in mind i see this happening hopefully by end of Nov or probably early Dec before futures close out.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Nice one - that is a basis for a good trading strategy! Don't read too much into futures close outs though. There is a well documented phenomenon of the Christmas rally, which tends to happen pretty regularly. Traditionally these rallies start to peak in early to mid Jan.
0 Kudos
FEK
Super Contributor
Simon/Rams and team what's your views ?
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
I prefer (and own) BIL albeit most commentators prefer AGL ..
0 Kudos
Not applicable
ANGLOS!!!!
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
I invest BIL and trade Anglo
0 Kudos
FEK
Super Contributor
Thanks Simon/Rams and team. From a trading perspective what is the charts saying about Anglo ?
0 Kudos
Not applicable
I want 330!!!!
0 Kudos
FEK
Super Contributor
Thanks, i was looking at early R340's but R330 is not bad (10% return from here).
0 Kudos
Not applicable
As my conventional rule of thumb, Anglo would be my number 1 short, if this market was to turn (which is looking unlikely). The rationale is taht you have the biggest market rally in a decade, and AGL hardly gets out of the starting blocks, showing relative weakness. It might play catch-up, but it clearly not flavour of the month stuff
0 Kudos
FEK
Super Contributor
Thanks for bursting my bubble( your rationale is great though, as mentioned this stock should have been higher) lets hope it plays catch up. What does the technicals say ?
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Boet (or sissie?) technicals are an effect, not a cause. They are a filter for stripping out noise. Prices don't rally because the RSI is pointing up. RSI points up because prices rally - you really need to understand that and get your head around the distinction. And I have said this to you before. You clearly don't have a strategy, because you keep asking questions like, what is the target price, what do the technicals say, where to from here. You are going to keep losing money - and truckloads of it. Get a bleeding strategy now - come-on. We can't keep drumming this into you!
0 Kudos
Not applicable
I have been looking for a close above 304/305 for this to take off. Hopefully that will happen today. Yes... it has lagged the likes of BHP by quite a bit but a good bottom in place at 265s. I have a lot in AGL, so hoping it pays off.
0 Kudos
Russ
Super Contributor
I still like the look of AGL.It is in a nice little uptrend.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Looks like a rocket to me today lol
0 Kudos
FEK
Super Contributor
Well it fell like a rock yesterday.........
0 Kudos
Russ
Super Contributor
he he.From rock to rocket.
0 Kudos