Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Share Trackin software. Simon PB, forumites do you have any comments?

TraderSteve
Frequent Contributor
Does anyone use this software or have any info, good or bad. There is a 10 page write up in Finweek on the product and company. Opinions would be appreciated. Am interested in buying. Please advise.
0 Kudos
13 REPLIES 13
yrg
Frequent Contributor
A few years ago I had a very bad experience with them. What the sales person told me and what eventually happened were totally different things i.e. my credit card was charged for more than I had agreed upon and all the sales talk of refund and trail period etc were nonsense. It took 2 years before I eventually was able to stop the monthly debit order (something like R200 if memory serves) and get my R6000 refunded. And this only because I went through the Consumer Complaints Division - with a whole lot of other people who were also taken for a ride. The manager didn't even show any remorse when he was refunding my money - in fact he was very rude - so their little paragraph about consumer complaints in FinWeek are hogwash IMO. Read the contract very carefully. They will fight to refund any money because they say once you open the box their software copyright has been infringed upon.
0 Kudos
patch1
Contributor
Hi there, had a similar problem with them by means of them deducting the monthly subscription double. They couldn't solve the problem for more than 2 years and refunded only a portion.
0 Kudos
Vencat
Occasional Contributor
Hi...yip I have also had a bad experience with them, but my journey of trying to get a refund only starts now. Its amazing that when you want a refund, they come up with the most obscure reason not to refund you. Anyway, I am now making it my mission to warn as many people about this product that I can. Any suggestions on what I could possibly do to speed up the process/
0 Kudos
yrg
Frequent Contributor
I was saddened by the fact that FinWeek had allowed them the space to advertise. Obviously many more people are going to have to go through the same problems and this has been happening for years. I intend writing to the editor of Finweek with my story. A quick google search provided the following links: http://www.moneyweb.co.za/mw/view/mw/en/page91?oid=128868&sn=Detail http://www.moneyweb.co.za/mw/view/mw/en/page91?oid=138516&sn=Detail http://www.complaints.com/directory/2005/august/19/6.htm
0 Kudos
yrg
Frequent Contributor
For those interested there is way to lodge complaints online at the National Consumer Forum : http://www.ncf.org.za/forms/complainindex.html
0 Kudos
Robbie
Regular Contributor
I bought it 3 years ago and started trading. I bought it for half price (R4500) after the amateur salesman told me that they bought a pakage back from some opposition from a person for R4500 who then bought their's for R9000. So, i then offered to pay R4500 and the guy called his boss. They agreed, but I think that poor guy did not make any commision! I had occational problems with them in the past 3 years. Why I did not get immediate satisfaction, I fought till I got it. They have very cunning salespeople. They also talked my neighbour into the program , but he never started trading. I am sure he would sell his for less than R5000. You can call me @ 0833883675 if you consider it.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Not worth the money. All sales talk no backup. I have personally confronted one of their sales consultants. Just ask them how they use the software personally. Most of these sales people "con" people into believing that the system does everything. They will show you the "sucessfull" trades. Just remember hind sight is 20/20. STAY AWAY!!!!
0 Kudos
TraderSteve
Frequent Contributor
Thanks everyone for your input. You have confirmed my suspicions. Went to see a salesman yesterday and asked him some questions regarding the market and the product. I was shocked at how amateur and uninformed the person was. Some of the questions which were basic were so badly answered that I felt embarrassed for him He didn't . I didnt even get to see the product in action because the salesman conveniently left his laptop at home and all the other consultants were out. (ALARM BELLS). I must have looked like I just fell off the nearest tree or I just looked very young. Probably the second reason. I cannot believe that Finweek would publish such a glossy article on this company. If anybody else saw the article and are interested in the product, a bit of free advise STAY FAR AWAY. They tried there hard sell tactics with 7 day money back guarantee (which is in the contract). Didn't work. Please everyone don't get caught in the sales pitch. Overall VERY VERY UNPROFESSIONAL. You got to say its times like this when the forum is worth its salt. Thanks again. I am going to invest in Amibroker, seems like a way better option.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
I think its time to get one of their reps to come and do a demo at my house.....whatchathink?
0 Kudos
Dilligaff2
Frequent Contributor
Magic idea
Set up yr video camera too, so we can all have a jolly fine chuckle (desperately needed)
0 Kudos
gdzaayman
New Contributor
Just to add my 10 cents.I got conned into buying their software.What a waste of 10 gorrillas.When you are green how are you suppose to know you are getting overhauled.Ive cancelled my monhly subscription(with difficulty they wanted 6 months notice according to the contract ) for daily Email info service from them cause the news is usually 3 days old and in trading that might as well be Three months.If their salesman did not bull@#$% me that much I might have had a kind word to say!!!
0 Kudos
piet_no3
New Contributor
Hi everybody. Same thing happend to me also about 4 years ago. Also very new at this and they let me had it at the special price of R8500 and i can pay it of in monthly instalments(u mos need you're cash to trade).At the time my credit card was maxed out and my salary just went into my card. That same night the whole amount was deducted of my acount and needless to say i was in a bit of trouble. Money was never refunded to me and i never used theyre stupid program. If u see what cars they're sales people are driving i should have wondered already but apparently its because all their money is in shares. Thanks share traking for a nice start.
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
Just think what R10 000 would be worth if you had just bought shares in Anglo ( the biggest company on the JSE 5 years ago. The whole point of the JSE as an asset class is its very low in and out cost. you can get great charting progammes for free all you have to pay is for the daily down loads.
0 Kudos