Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Share Trackin software update

TraderSteve
Frequent Contributor
Made an appointment with a consultant to come to my home and show me the software in action. After the forum comments I phoned the company and cancelled the appointment. Later that afternoon the salesman phones me confirming the appointment for the following morning. I advised him that I phoned his office to cancel the appointment and told him I am no longer interested in the software. I then told him I had purchased the Amibroker software package. This was his response and I quote "Which broker" unquote. I explained to him that it is not a stockbroker but a software package. His response again was "OH". How does someone working in his field not know about one of the most popular charting software packages in the world. So to all those interested in Share Trackin BE WARNED!!! I've done the leg work so dont even waste your time. If I was in his field I would have made it my mission to understand all the other charting packages available so that I could advise potential buyers of the reasons why the software I am selling is better than the competitor. When I met the salesman the alarm bells were ringing as he looked like an old school insurance salesman. VERY SCARY.
0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
yrg
Frequent Contributor
I found the National Consumer Forum helpful in getting a refund, (but there are many legal conditions) http://www.ncf.org.za/forms/complainindex.html
0 Kudos
Tango
Super Contributor
I took a look at the article in the Finweek, and I couldn't believe that the head guy was wearing... (wait for it..) a grey velvet snake-skin patterned smoking jacket, a black polo-neck, and a LARGE twisty gold chain around his neck on top of the polo!
There is no way I would trust a man who wore an outfit like that on purpose to anything other than a 'Pimp Party'
0 Kudos
Vencat
Occasional Contributor
Have to agree Tango....anyway, my sad story has a happy ending...I got my refund from Share Trackin yesterady, so at least I ended in the 'green'!
0 Kudos