Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Share Trading Eduction

Taz0rian
New Contributor
Hi, I am relatively new to trading and was wondering what the consensus is around the courses offered to skill up, e.g. http://www.sharenet.co.za/jse_course/course_outline.php Would you say that something like this is valuable, and worth the R5k or would you recommend another source. Regards Richardt
0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6
Preston
Super Contributor
R5k is alot of money. Use that money to invest in some share trading books.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Dont trade, rather run and dont look back! :P

I havent been on that course so cant comment, but a better idea is to start learning the fundamentals from www.justonelap.com
The site is free and will deal with the same principles.

SBK also has some free seminars that are worth attending.
All this is free, if your still interested in 6 months then there are other courses I could recommend.
You are also welcome to ask any question on the forum.
0 Kudos
Lindsay_1
Contributor
Certainly don't spend R5k. All you have to do is go to Just One Lap (www.justonelap.com) and watch every video that Simon Pateman Brown has put up, starting at the beginning. Then when you have watched them all then maybe put your money into just one of the Top 5 shares he has in his Momentum Portfolio. After all,everyone has to start somewhere and owning one share is better than owning none.
0 Kudos
Taz0rian
New Contributor
Thanks All, greatly appreciated.
0 Kudos
sponono
Super Contributor
for R5K you can buy up to 10 trading books. you will get better value for money. The basic one to start with is Strategic Stock Trading by Michael Swanson, easy read. I can provide you with a list if you want.
0 Kudos
Taz0rian
New Contributor
Thanks sponono, that would be great thanks, please can you mail me [email protected] Thanking you in advance,
0 Kudos