Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Share Trading vs Day Job

Not applicable
Can i firmly say share trading can replace one's day job? If so how much money can i make from this profession? Come to think about it, i buy a few shares in the company i work for and tell my manager about it will i be not suspended or fired since i now own a chunk of my employer's company... But all in all i love share trading, can't wait to profit from it. CHRIS ANGEL...
0 Kudos
8 REPLIES 8
THRESHOLD
Super Contributor
Rather ask "How quickly can I lose all of my money...?" When you have adopted that attitude, you will have accepted the importance of risk control, grasshopper. Perhaps then you will be ready to trade shares for a living. Be very, very careful.
0 Kudos
THRESHOLD
Super Contributor
Rather ask "How quickly can I lose all of my money...?" When you have adopted that attitude, you will have accepted the importance of risk control, grasshopper. Perhaps then you will be ready to trade shares for a living. Be very, very careful.
0 Kudos
saash
Super Contributor
There are no implications to buying shares in the company you work for. If you are in a position to be exposed to market sensitive information you will have to adhere to closed periods (times where there is price sensitive information being finalised, and you may not trade on the information). But they won't fire you for holding shares, to the contrary senior staff usually get a portion of their salary paid through a share incentive scheme. Also, you'd need to buy a pretty large chunk in order to be a shareholder with any significant influence - by which time you won't need your job anyway.
0 Kudos
saash
Super Contributor
There are no implications to buying shares in the company you work for. If you are in a position to be exposed to market sensitive information you will have to adhere to closed periods (times where there is price sensitive information being finalised, and you may not trade on the information). But they won't fire you for holding shares, to the contrary senior staff usually get a portion of their salary paid through a share incentive scheme. Also, you'd need to buy a pretty large chunk in order to be a shareholder with any significant influence - by which time you won't need your job anyway.
0 Kudos
tnt
New Contributor
It will probably force you to get a second job .....
0 Kudos
Not applicable
CHRIS ANGEL, the biggest challenge with trading for a living is that you have pretty much fixed living costs (can reduce these dependant upon your current lifestyle) and no guaranteed trading income. This puts an additional stress upon your shoulders which if not managed correctly could lead to you taking unnecessary risks when trading thereby putting your trading capital at risk. I would first ensure that I had an alternative passive income stream before I gave up my fulltime job i.e. rental income from a paid up investment property/ ies or interest income from a substantial deposit with a financial institution or a decent dividend flow from an investment portfolio...
0 Kudos
fusion12321
Frequent Contributor
yes its easy , ask electrox to show u the money.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
0 Kudos