Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Share installments

juggie
Contributor
Hi,pls help.Have tried to download the training under education but did not work.What I need to understand is the following:You buy a share at a reduced price,earn the div but MUST pay the balance at some future date..is this correct?How much do you pay upfront?When is the balance payable?What price do you pay in the future?Can you sell it before you have to pay the balance?Please enlighten me...thanks
0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
contact the call center about the download problem ..

no you do not have to buy the share paying the balance .. if you want to (your choice) you have until the expiry date to do so and the price you'll have to pay is teh strike price .. remembering you have already paid for the instalment ..
0 Kudos
Not applicable
I see that the next SI course in Cape Town is only in November. I have worked through the download, but it seems the training has a missing peace. I wanted to buy a SI at the price of that moment and put in my order, but the order was not filled. If Standard Bank is the underwriter of the SI, why was my order not filled? Who am I actually buying the SI from?
0 Kudos
fdewaal
Contributor
What happened to the idea of setting up a club to deal with instalments? or was it only an idea. I want to buy BIL before Friday, what do I have to do?
0 Kudos
barry_1
Super Contributor
The Discussion Group exists.The discussion has starts a thread every second month.The next thread will start in September.If u are interested i shall include u .For the first and second discussion look at the thread under Warrants.It is kept there as then it stays longer.I have also started an Archive on a website.I am still building it and its in use ,but not perfect yet.
0 Kudos
barry_1
Super Contributor
Of course every one has his own trading style,so i cant say if you should buy the installment now,but i must say i think the time before the LTD date is rather short i.e. 28/8 /2009,of course if u intend holding for a long periosd it does not really matter and c u will get more installments than shares.I myself would not buy now as there is really not enough time for capital growth and the share usually drops by the amount payed out.
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
you are buying it in the open market from SB equity derivatives, not us. We're just a broker. Unsure contact the call center.
0 Kudos