Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Share price way to low

Not applicable
Could anybody please explain to me how a share worth over R5.00 could be trading at R2.10 ???
0 Kudos
29 REPLIES 29
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
well what makes it worth more then 500c ?
0 Kudos
striker
Super Contributor
Alt-x shares all down this year.Definite buying opport. in some of them. ATR./ESR/WEA?
0 Kudos
Not applicable
have you studied their financials and prospects
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
no, but that just means you ahve a value of over 500c. So far the market is saying you're wrong?
0 Kudos
Not applicable
I am positive that the market is going to change it's tune within the next 2weeks. Talk to you again soon.
0 Kudos
Plonky
Super Contributor
Jeez, it has an ugly graph. What did they do wrong ?. It looks like a waterfall..
0 Kudos
Not applicable
I was talking about ATR - Not some hotel in Zim called the Queen Vic
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Issueing more shares resulting in share dilution and restating results. Add bemoaning about 'slow payers' (Bad debts!) and you have a revalued share price
0 Kudos
Not applicable
I like people that make sense - pleasure talking to you
0 Kudos
Brazen
Super Contributor
Wow. Welcome FORESKIN. It seems we have a real player in our midst.
0 Kudos
sk_1
Super Contributor
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
0 Kudos
jamoo
Frequent Contributor
dieskim, market knows everything. if it is trading at 210c, thts probably the value. its all abt future earnings!
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
Jamoo if you ever wanted proof that the market does not know everything, think of this..Young Dieskim here is part of the market. that said the PRICE is never wrong. Even when the market is. OMNSHO
0 Kudos
scandal
Super Contributor
speaking of small caps, IMHO PSV and ISA are shares to include in ones portfolio. ISA, at this price gives a good div return. PSV, just concluded a deal and from re-stated reports their EPS have improved after the purchase. NAV at about 90c and TNAV at about 23c
0 Kudos
louisg
Super Contributor
If the market knows everything, could you please ask Mr Market what Standard Banks earnings will be for the next ten years?
0 Kudos
Brazen
Super Contributor
Well, louis, judging by the share price Mr Market ain't too optomistic about the earning for the next six months. Mr Market doesn't do 10 years.
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
There is a big diffrence between the market is never wrong and the price is always right. The market makes mistakes all the time. It does so because of a lack of infomation, uncertantity , emotions, value estimations etc. but the price is always the consensus of the most current buyers and sellers.
0 Kudos
louisg
Super Contributor
Wikipedia - "Graham wrote that the owner of equity stocks should regard them first and foremost as conferring part ownership of a business. With that perspective in mind, the stock owner should not be too concerned with erratic fluctuations in stock prices, since in the short term, the stock market behaves like a voting machine, but in the long term it acts like a weighing machine (i.e. its true value will in the long run be reflected in its stock price)."
0 Kudos